• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

We Will Have To Behave!

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am going to fly to the plant, take the tour and drive my New Elio home... in doing so, I will drive through at least 6-8 States to get to Oregon...

My production number is low, so the Police will not have seen to many Elio's before... I really believe I will be pulled over many times on my trip home..
I plan on keeping a log of how many times I am pulled over for safety inspections, and helmet laws when they find out it is a motorcycle...

I will also have a copy of Oregon State DMV Laws, on the Autocycle with me just in case any legal misunderstanding...

I am going to have it painted White with a Green stripe and the green flames stuff on the fenders with extra fender lights added on to each side before I even start on my trip back... So it is going to pop...

I sure hope Elio Motors will give a little something to the" All in group "... maybe free gas cards or free upgrades for their part in the new sales marketing plan... The "All in group" is the biggest and best sales force Elio Motors could ever get...

You could give out 25% discount cards to people who ask and buy a new Elio, using a code that is linked to you, so you could get freebees, credited to your account...

I know I am just dreaming about the last part... But one could hope....

Proud to Be.. an Elio owner #2225 see ya on the road... " give me a wave "

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I was pulled over for having a nice car once. I sat on the curb for 45 min because they didn't think it was mine. Us minorities cant have or afford nice things .

I used to get pulled over regularly for the opposite reason, driving an ugly car through a wealthy area of town. My fuel efficient commuter car is a 1993 Honda Civic sedan with badly oxidized paint which is not pretty but averages 35 MPG in the city. The problem is that for several years I lived in the Johns Creek suburb of Atlanta which also happens to be one of the wealthiest suburbs and boasts quite a large number of wealthy individuals and celebrities. If I drove through the area in that car after midnight it was a near certainty that I would be pulled over. When the officers walked up and saw a hispanic man sitting in the drivers seat on several occasions the first words out of their mouths were; "Sir, Are you lost?" :rolleyes:o_O

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am going to fly to the plant, take the tour and drive my New Elio home... in doing so, I will drive through at least 6-8 States to get to Oregon...

My production number is low, so the Police will not have seen to many Elio's before... I really believe I will be pulled over many times on my trip home..
I plan on keeping a log of how many times I am pulled over for safety inspections, and helmet laws when they find out it is a motorcycle...

I will also have a copy of Oregon State DMV Laws, on the Autocycle with me just in case any legal misunderstanding...

I am going to have it painted White with a Green stripe and the green flames stuff on the fenders with extra fender lights added on to each side before I even start on my trip back... So it is going to pop...

I sure hope Elio Motors will give a little something to the" All in group "... maybe free gas cards or free upgrades for their part in the new sales marketing plan... The "All in group" is the biggest and best sales force Elio Motors could ever get...

You could give out 25% discount cards to people who ask and buy a new Elio, using a code that is linked to you, so you could get freebees, credited to your account...

I know I am just dreaming about the last part... But one could hope....

Proud to Be.. an Elio owner #2225 see ya on the road... " give me a wave "
Once you start planning your trip, I'd like to know the route you think you will take, Proud to Be. You're far enough ahead of me, I think, that you will be home by the time I leave for my trip. Maybe I can see your Elio before I leave Portland on Amtrak since my train won't leave until 4:45 PM. Just thinking ahead and dreaming a little. We need to get another picture taken first with us and your Elio and then when I get mine, with us and my Elio. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to get pulled over regularly for the opposite reason, driving an ugly car through a wealthy area of town. My fuel efficient commuter car is a 1993 Honda Civic sedan with badly oxidized paint which is not pretty but averages 35 MPG in the city. The problem is that for several years I lived in the Johns Creek suburb of Atlanta which also happens to be one of the wealthiest suburbs and boasts quite a large number of wealthy individuals and celebrities. If I drove through the area in that car after midnight it was a near certainty that I would be pulled over. When the officers walked up and saw a hispanic man sitting in the drivers seat on several occasions the first words out of their mouths were; "Sir, Are you lost?" :rolleyes:o_O
I guess it is called progress if they didn't shoot first! The profiling in this country makes me so very angry! Sorry, I better not get on that soap box or I'll get kicked off the site. :confused: :cool: Z

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
69 chevy9.jpg

Profiling, everyone does it one way or the other. Don't lie, you do if you will only admit it.
A few years back going through Arkansas late at night (driving a little below the speed limit) I was pulled over in the middle of town.
Policeman got out and walked up to my car and said, OH, HELL, I THOUGHT YOU WERE ONE OF THE BROTHERS RUNNING DRUGS.
The policeman was black but said he caught a lot of drug runners by his actions.
Profiling is good if you ask me.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Were they profiling you or your car? Assuming that's what you were driving and not actually a 'Brother'. It's the driver stopped based on the brotherhood factor while driving a Smart for Two or the brother stopped just walking down the street that I have a problem with.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perception is huge. I have a co-worker with flight privileges. Even so he gets pulled out for an 'interview' about 30% of the time.
It's his use of using facial expression. He's actually shy, but he looks stoic and hard to Airport Security.
We came up with a plan however. Fake super-man glasses. We'll se how that works.

But it is true, when we see clothing, cars or any outside persona, we make judgments. It's human but can be fooled.

A truly successful drug runner, probably drives a Ford Focus.

Another thing, number 1-1000, will be getting to know the cops really well I suspect. And that will probably be a good thing.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Goofy, I hope you replied to being asked if you were lost, " Nope, I'm right here, where I'm supposed to be!"
Officers of the law do not need a reason to pull you over ( they have plenty of time to think of an excuse, if you wind up in court ) however they do need to have an infraction of the law, in order to give you a ticket! FYI, disrespect to an Officer can lead to a confrontation, which can lead to you, face down on the ground! A big Smile is your best defense! :D

Top Bottom