• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Age Buyers?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know I wouldn't have bought the Elio a decade ago when I graduated from college, I was all about high speed and acceleration at the time. I didn't care at all about MPG until I hit 30.
We now have a generation that is concerned about "saving the environment" and all the green issues and they endorse innovative environmentally friendly technology. Also many of them are finding it difficult to find jobs that match their degrees and are not experience the economic success they anticipated. The Elio is environmentally friendly, energy efficient, and financially within most of their reaches

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yep, think your correct, until they have jobs to go to or family that'll help the " Kids", and before they pay-off their student loans, and establish a good credit rating.
Nice 60+,- but 70+ works for me lol! I still road race (5K) and it's so cool to win in my age bracket ( i never tell my kids I only had to beat one or two others!!)

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio (or Gino) has said in an interview most buyers are 60+ year-old males. They are the demographic with "disposable income". Also stated many times over the years that they are really aiming for the working poor and college kids. I think all you 60+ folks are basically the financiers that make the car happen for the other two demographics. That's a good thing in my book.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yep, think your correct, until they have jobs to go to or family that'll help the " Kids", and before they pay-off their student loans, and establish a good credit rating.
Nice 60+,- but 70+ works for me lol! I still road race (5K) and it's so cool to win in my age bracket ( i never tell my kids I only had to beat one or two others!!)
For shame! LOL I swam a 100 meter race, came in last and took first place because I was the only woman in my age group. LOL Whatever works! :p :rolleyes: :) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What do you think will be the most common age for the Elio buyer ?
20-30
30-40
40-50
50-60
60+
I think for the most part it will be 50 to 60 1st. and 60+ 2nd.
I did a count of our members months ago and of the people who gave their age at that time, 118 in the 54-59 age group, 112 in the 48-53 age group and 111 in the 60-65 age group. Then it tapers down. 78 in the 66-71 group, 67 in the 42-47 group and 45 in the 72-79. I was using someone else's age separations. It was interesting to note that only men registered with no age. All the women gave an age. :-) Z

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm 40 and all in. Hope to see a lot of the younger crowd join in on this revolution!

fully agree, so does Elio, they won't have a chance unless the "kids" come along- with the cool factor, and the price, and eventually true proven success, it'll be like when the first VW's landed!!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems the commuter Elio would most likely appeal to the working demographic......not old retired geezers......or as Paul Elio stated "old and affluent". Perhaps the working class Future Elio Owner's haven't had the time to find their website................too busy at work. It will ultimately appeal to a wide range demographic when they see ours on the roads soon.

My first car was a'59 VW Beetle...........one of my last an Elio......Das Autocycle!

Top Bottom