• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Are The 2018 Chevy's Going To Made Out Of?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree. Everybody I know buys a truck to haul stuff. If it's a new truck they'll Rhino-liner or Line-x the bed, but there will be loads of firewood, gravel, landscape materials, etc...My F250 never leaves the house for anything but hauling my boat, camper or picking up a ton of whatever. The "people hauler" is my wife's '17 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with where you live, here, and a lot of other places, their trucks never get used, or very seldom used as it was intended.
I've seen more pickups in and around the area that have never hauled anything more then people, or a trailer, but not what you would consider a normal pickup load.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
my truck is in a body shop where they are taking care of hail damage .... it hauls both stuff in the bed and people in the cab .... not having it has been a forceful reminder of just how much I do use it for both .... it has been missed several times a day when I need have needed to haul trash, assorted gear to a firing range, pick up a 90 lb bulky smoker at Cabela's, tow our boat to a repair shop, haul 4 large G-rated 16" tires to a shop to have them installed on our camper, haul ladders and other such equipment to a son's home, help Santa by hauling a go-cart , etc .... that's just since Christmas ... ours is a nice truck but its a workhorse, not a racehorse

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Right, it's a truck, why were you worried about a bunch of small dents?
Or is it a car with a large open trunk? Here again, if it was a real work truck, why worry about a bunch of little dents?
You should wear them like a badge of honor if it's a work truck.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
97' F250 7.3L Turbo Diesel, my favorite Ford body style. Bought it because I require a truck being a homeowner that does stuff around the house. Used as a truck. Only time there's more than my wife and I in it is when I'm hauling a load of kayaks and their operators up river for a float. Doesn't get babied or garaged. Still looks and runs great [periodic maintenance done religiously]. Has dents and dings in the bed as all trucks should [IMHO]. Not technically a "work truck", but works as a truck should. I agree that the bed of a truck shouldn't be aluminum, or any other material but steel...the thicker, the better! ;)

Pics 062.JPG

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with where you live, here, and a lot of other places, their trucks never get used, or very seldom used as it was intended.
I've seen more pickups in and around the area that have never hauled anything more then people, or a trailer, but not what you would consider a normal pickup load.
My wife and I live in a 55+ community and we have more truck owners here than what I call "normal". I asked a few of them why they're still hanging around with their trucks, most of them use it for grocery shopping, picking up mail or doing short errands- Their reply was what I expected- "I feel safe in it!" So there's that. ;)

Top Bottom