• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Elio Are You Getting?

Macadamean

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
anybody know the results of the poll and if Elio Motors used the results ?

Jim
marchmadbracketfinal.jpg

The chart is a little misleading because the brackets don't represent the winner. But I look on the left will show all the placements:

#1 - Licorice
#2 - Marshmallow
#3 - Creamsicle
#4 - True Blue
#5 - Sour Apple
#6 - Rocket Silver
#7 - Red Hot
#8 - Mellow Yellow

http://eliomotors.wordpress.com/2014/04/04/the-champion-is-4414/

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hmm. This may make me rethink. I was all for the Licorice, but then got to thinking about how difficult it would be to keep it clean. I live on a dirt road. So I was then going with Rocket Silver. But, man. I like that black! And before anyone says it, no, I can't get two!

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
licorice (being black) would be more dangerous at night (hard to see) since the Elio is so small.
And hotter, show scratches , water spots and just more upkeep. But a black car kept up is beautiful.
My old Chevy. was black and looked good but I had a lot of work keeping it that way.
69 chevy8.jpg

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I'm VERY lazy when it comes to keeping a vehicle clean, so I'm thinking black is out. I haven't washed my Tundra in over two years. I'm thinking that the dirt is helping the thing stay together. I'd be afraid to wash it now!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
marchmadbracketfinal.jpg

The chart is a little misleading because the brackets don't represent the winner. But I look on the left will show all the placements:

#1 - Licorice
#2 - Marshmallow
#3 - Creamsicle
#4 - True Blue
#5 - Sour Apple
#6 - Rocket Silver
#7 - Red Hot
#8 - Mellow Yellow

http://eliomotors.wordpress.com/2014/04/04/the-champion-is-4414/

thanks for the info .... so long as its owned and maintained by someone else, I really like a shiny black vehicle ..:rolleyes:.. I am surprised that Yellow came in last but based on info about it being more expensive am not surprised its not being offered ....

Jim

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the black shiny? I'm thinking a matte black would look way cool. Not so great in the visibility front. How tough is it to keep a matte black car clean? Finger prints and smudges?

Others have told me it would be very hard to keep clean, even worse than a glossy black cars after I posed this:

But seriously after seeing one of Silas Sunday's recent creations if I were to do some custom paint I am starting to lean towards a flat black based paint job.

silas-sunday-flat-black-red-stripes-jpg.2587.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elio-Motors-Design-Concepts/484050635028288

Top Bottom