• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Elio Are You Getting?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I pulled into the parking lot in my 1972 orange opal gt

I had a sunburst yellow '70 Opal GT .... it was a great little rig, drove it ocean to ocean .... there was a hidden pressure switch to the left of the brake pedal, under the carpet .... when you stepped on the switch the wipers would go one time .... if you held it down the window washer would come on and the wipers would go 3 or 4 times .... I had fun with it, having both hands on the steering wheel and activating the wipers and watching the look on a passenger's face

Jim

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had chosen Black but after a nice hot summer down here in Arkansas, I changed it to white.
White is easier to clean and doesn't show dirt.
Put a good reflective windshield screen in it in the summer heat and it stays cooler than other colors.
That composite stuff the panels are made of might attract dirt also and it would show more on black.
MK

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had chosen Black but after a nice hot summer down here in Arkansas, I changed it to white.
Put a good reflective windshield screen in it in the summer heat and it stays cooler than other colors.
That composite stuff the panels are made of might attract dirt also and it would show more on black.
MK
Already have white car and red truck so those colors are out. Black to hard to keep clean and your right to hot in summer, creamsicle out, to many people will think I'm a Bronco Fan (NOT), sour apple reminds me of Army slimy limy summer uniform, silver rocket a little to conservative for me, that leaves True Blue, which I am!

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I voted black, darkest legal windows, red stripes...however, If a Chrome darker Purple won't break the bank I think I will go that route.
Saw the deep purple someone did a pic of can't remember who. That color is hot, even I would go with it! Alas it's not an option at this time and if I get two ( still thinking ) can't afford special paint job.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
MK
I've always had white cars, they definitely show dirt - after a decade my current car has a faint gray patina. If you don't want dirt showing, choose silver.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MK
Living in the desert southwest I think you made a great decision

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Ya know, I really like the silver or white but I think since the car is so small it needs a color that would be highly visible. Am I wrong? Although it is a little early to pick a color--I think if I did pick one now I would probably change my mind many times before I ever get the car.

Top Bottom