• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Elio Are You Getting?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think rocket silver might look like Cement a color available on the Scion TC.
2011-scion-tc-cement-grey.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the credit line, NSTG8R! I think a very small amount of the LED Film (not truly LEDs, just highly reflective) could be really useful on the Elio, notably on the rear, or just a small strip on the outside front and back of the tire spats ... just enough so people ABSOLUTELY cannot mistake the size of the vehicle.

I could see a situation where at night some idiot thinks it's a motorcycle and cuts too close in passing .... runs into your front wheels, not seeing they protrude ... yep, a strip of the old LED wrap sounds pretty handy to me.

Back in April or early May somebody posted a TRULY awesome paint design, black and red ... made the elio look like a Viper or some such lethal device ... haven't been able to find the post, but THAT's what I want my Elio to look like ....

Is this the one you were thinking of? A guy in the "...looks like a UFO" thread has some serious Photoshop skills. I'll have to see if I can find his screen name again.

redblackelio.jpg

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've located him. His name is Silas Sunday, and he does indeed have serious design skills. Here's the FB page with just under 400 of his designs:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elio-Motors-Design-Concepts/484050635028288?fref=photo
The one you've picked on is indeed one my favo
Is this the one you were thinking of? A guy in the "...looks like a UFO" thread has some serious Photoshop skills. I'll have to see if I can find his screen name again.

View attachment 2567

His name is Silas Sunday, and he is indeed talented and skillful.
Silas's collection of Elio designs is here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.484063301693688.1073741829.484050635028288&type=3

I like the one you've guessed I would. Also number 121, 213, 316 (expensive!), 319 (minus the number on the side) -- takes me back to my car-scrased youth -- also 335 (I'm a Bengals fan) though I'd never actually do that one . 345 is cool, really lowers and lengthens the look of the car. 346 is one I'd very seriously consider doing, because you only have to wrap half the vehicle -- save's $$. Here it is:

[Broken External Image]

Number 356 is another classy variation:
[Broken External Image]

I tell you, this guy is oozing talent. I hope he can actually do full-size files once the Elio drawings are finalized. As it is, you'd have to show the picture to some car-wrap genius, order up your film, and hope for the best.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW! Between the wrap link and the facebook page, I've really got my work cut out for me! Not even sure if I'm sticking with Creamsicle now. Thanks a lot Ekh! :D

Do dig the black/chrome one on your post...Very cool!

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3M makes reflective striping tape in many colors. They make a black tape that reflects bright white light. I am thinking of a cool white paint job with decorative black striping in all the important places to make my Elio noticeable day and night. How many of you have had a car driver tell you they just "didn't see you"....

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze paint
This gold automotive paint color is most commonly known as Hawaiian Bronze. The color formulation has been used only in 1951, primarily by Ford. See the full detailed list below.

The longer Ford paint manufacturing code is M0168 or M0168A. Ford production paint codes starting with M are usually followed by a 4 digit number and the letter "A" indicating its an exterior paint. The same code ending in the letter "G" is common for interior paints. These longer manufacturing codes are useful for tracking paint usage.

We have only found one paint in our database which matches 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze; although, we did find 4 examples of Ford paint with the name of Hawaiian Bronze.

Example of 1951 Ford Hawaiian BronzeSee more information on 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze
or See all paints named "Hawaiian Bronze" or "Hawaiian" or "Bronze"

Usage list 1951 Ford Hawaiian Bronze paint (more information)
yearmanufmodelcodepaint namecomment
1951Ford Hawaiian BronzeCrestliner model
OMG!!!! could you tell me where I lost my Impala gas cap (1956)!!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
3M makes reflective striping tape in many colors. They make a black tape that reflects bright white light. I am thinking of a cool white paint job with decorative black striping in all the important places to make my Elio noticeable day and night. How many of you have had a car driver tell you they just "didn't see you"....
I guess you don't live in S florida- got rear-ended (on a bike)- by a "sorry Ididn't c u!!!, that was it. bought the mr2 as a 4 wheel m.c.- and now the elio!! too too cool, what karma!! and w/a.c. i'll be in heaven-- oops!!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would really like to see a 'Tron' Elio. That's one way to get there.

Top Bottom