• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Color Elio Are You Getting?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So far all i have been able to do is send in my all in money. No word on a production number Nor option choices. Has anyone else done this already? At what point does ELIO contact us for ordering information?
The latest release of production numbers has not happened yet. The last one was 7/7/14. You will be contacted roughly 2 months prior to your potential production date based on that number and then will be asked to specify all options. We are both waiting for our numbers and I have been waiting for 6 weeks. Patience is the name of the Elio game. Enjoy it by reading and sharing ideas on this forum. It has some great people on it. :-) Z

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Only problem with that is the masses have no idea what a Kawasaki is...only a handfull of us in the motorcycle community would know.

To the general public every motorcycle is either a Harley or crotch rocket...

Could get a black one and put Harley emblems on it or an orange one for that matter.
OH the Kawasaki Green, I had a Kawasaki F5 Big Horn 350 cc two stroke single. Yes, that had the green sticker on the green tank. That had the rotary valve side intake on the right side of the engine case. Great running bike, street and off road, I climbed many a mountains on that swee ride. Then later put a bore kit in it, rotary valve with a different cut out, etc. and raced with it. You brough back a good memory mentioning the green Kawasaki.
Terrence :)

1975  laguna seca, Yvonne Duhamel far left.jpg

For you I went to the First motorycle road races at the Laguna Seca race track in Monterey, Ca. Here in 1975 with my pic pass to the left if the Famous racer Yvonne Duhamel on Kawasaki Triple two stroker to the right. Zoom>Zoom (the green paint <> see it Team Green Kawasaki. Nothing like riding a two stroke. Still I want my Elio -marshmallow works for me!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The reason I want an ORANGE Elio!

0228091804_zpsd1a75a15.jpg
KTM 250SX with a 300 top end. Wicked hit of the 250 supercross bike but the big torque from the 300...best of both worlds. I miss that beast. Power to weight ratio was too much to not enough azz in the seat! lol But it was fun...

I miss racing!
:cool:
My son has a KTM 990 and just sold his 440 (?) and bought a new 360. I think those are the right model numbers. I know the newest KTM is in the 300 series and he likes it much more than the 400 series model. He also has a very fast Suzuki that he rides on the track at places like Laguna Seca and Infinion Raceway in Sonoma, CA. I taught him to ride when he was 4 years old and he as been riding ever since. He alternates riding this BMW 1300 and his KTM 990 to work each week. This spring he and his wife rode the 990 from Sacramento, CA to Cabo San Lucas and back. His 22-year old son and my youngest grandson has been riding since he was 4 as well. His last bike was a Suzuki RMZ 250 but sold it when he started college. My family has been riding for more than 40 years.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My son has a KTM 990 and just sold his 440 (?) and bought a new 360. I think those are the right model numbers. I know the newest KTM is in the 300 series and he likes it much more than the 400 series model. He also has a very fast Suzuki that he rides on the track at places like Laguna Seca and Infinion Raceway in Sonoma, CA. I taught him to ride when he was 4 years old and he as been riding ever since. He alternates riding this BMW 1300 and his KTM 990 to work each week. This spring he and his wife rode the 990 from Sacramento, CA to Cabo San Lucas and back. His 22-year old son and my youngest grandson has been riding since he was 4 as well. His last bike was a Suzuki RMZ 250 but sold it when he started college. My family has been riding for more than 40 years.

Great memories, cool pic of small car and trailer you posted :). I have a pic of my 73 RX Rotary Mazda pulling my SC 500- single cyl, two stroker (champion frame) on a trailer :D.
sc 500cc two stroke.jpg haven't tracked down my mazda trailer pic, yet have sc 500 here

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kenney Roberts, Laguna Seca 1980.jpg I went to the 1980 Laguana Seca Raceway RACE- I took this pic of King Kenny Roberts along with Ms Winston.
King Kenney Roberts was a great Motorcycle Racer eh! Road race, dirt, flat track! Hey J. H. , teaching your son at 4yrs was grand!
I still have that 35mm Nikormat. Hey I hear there is going to be a new On Any Sunday- Movie in the works......

Elio Tech Talk V-32 is a great read! The Elio is a great auto cycle! They promote the 70,000 miles they have loged on the Elio's driving state to state tours (pg 2 paragraph 4). with the cooper tires going strong!(pg 2 paragraph 4)

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bernard's  motorcycles, Easton MD 013.JPG My RD 400 2stroke Yamaha, my Kx 25 Kawasaki
Laguna Seca 1980, 4 cyl, two stroke racer in the pits.jpg I took this picture in 1980 at Laguna Seca Raceway in Cal, two stroker four cylinders (if you can see how they packed the four expansion chambers in picture <> Way too Cool!
Terrence:D Passing time while waiting for new Elio V tech sheets or Elio information release...the Elio journey is well worth the wait!!

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wish my father could see my future ELIO.:D..Here he is, beside a B-24 bomber in London England. He was a sheet metal fabricator, repairing damaged B-24 bombers (getting them back to flight ready capability to drop more bombs. This baby boomer is all in $1k and awaiting my production number for an Elio Motors >> Elio ! !
Elio made affordable and made in the USA, 84 mpg <> retail $6,800.00 :)
Richard Bernard B-24 1943-45.jpg

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 2511 My RD 400 2stroke Yamaha, my Kx 25 Kawasaki
View attachment 2512 I took this picture in 1980 at Laguna Seca Raceway in Cal, two stroker four cylinders (if you can see how they packed the four expansion chambers in picture <> Way too Cool!
Terrence:D Passing time while waiting for new Elio V tech sheets or Elio information release...the Elio journey is well worth the wait!!
I miss my RD400 even though I would melt pistons every 1000 miles- Front tire never wore out!

Top Bottom