• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love all the speculation, that's what drives the site
306947_407062669346744_2106669260_n.jpg

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has said often that he's got a Plan B if the ATVM loan guarantee falls through. But he has never said one word about it -- not the kind of financing, not the source, not the probability of it -- zilch. This has repeatedly given rise to the notion that this funding source is mythical and propitiatory (big word for staving off the doubters).

I do not know the truth of the situation. But if Daddy Warbucks is out there somewhere, it might be a good idea for Paul to give even the slightest hint (e.g., a real estate mogul from New Jersey) about this secondary source. (It might actually be a real estate mogul; Stu Lichter, for instance). People get a little tired of this same Plan B. It's like a campaign promise -- works in the short term, but rarely is completed in reality. After two plus years, the short term is ending ....
I always took his comments about not going public unless he absolutely has to, thus avoiding going through the hassle and cost, and ultimately not having control of his company by attempting to list on one of the major exchanges was his final option. I've always thought it was a rather ambitious goal to keep the company privately held, the current situation is somewhat of a happy medium.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love all the speculation, that's what drives the site, small technical note, it's a loan gurantee, not the loan directly
View attachment 8541
Why do you think that? The ATVM loan, as far as I know is, indeed, directly from DoE to "eligible individuals and entities" and carried out by the Federal Financing Bank. This is spelled out in the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 in Section 136, I believe it is listed somewhere on DoE's website otherwise all over the web.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can't look at price of stock. You would need to look at market cap.

F (Ford) for example has a market cap of 49.5B.. it all depends on how many shares each company has.

I think I read Elio has 26.5m shares. That would make Elio have a highly inflated value of 1.06B.

There is a saying in real estate that goes something like..." I didn't pay too much, I bought too soon. I think it applies here, too. ;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be interesting to understated the nature of the actual language of how ATVM loan's are granted or denied...

I doubt that Fed's would ever just issue a flat statement of "No Approval"...a statement like that could be misconstrued be a predication of Elio's future viability...

I assume the ATVM application can stay open almost indefinitely... or until Elio can demonstrate they can meet all the requirements that the DOT has required Elio to meet...possibly no time frame involved?

I assume... a condition "Yes"... or a conditional "No"...is probably a better thought about the ATVM loan

So...I'm not so sure Elio will ever be given a absolute "No"

Possibly Elio withdrawing their ATVM application would be a sign of "No"...and an inability to meet ATVM requirements...
Providing EM has a Plan B funding source to start production...........perhaps the ATVM loan would more likely be approved later and used to scale production, set up Elio Store locations, etc..

Last edited:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always took his comments about not going public unless he absolutely has to, thus avoiding going through the hassle and cost, and ultimately not having control of his company by attempting to list on one of the major exchanges was his final option. I've always thought it was a rather ambitious goal to keep the company privately held, the current situation is somewhat of a happy medium.
Well, John, he has taken the company public, and he still is claiming to have a plan B

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, John, he has taken the company public, and he still is claiming to have a plan B
I agree it's public, sort of. Regulation A+ makes the small investor, previously locked out of early investment in a venture, basically into VC investors. Elio Motors is still privately held by Paul Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom