• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why do you think that? The ATVM loan, as far as I know is, indeed, directly from DoE to "eligible individuals and entities" and carried out by the Federal Financing Bank. This is spelled out in the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 in Section 136, I believe it is listed somewhere on DoE's website otherwise all over the web.
I'm sorry, recalled (obviously incorrectly) that the funding was guaranteed by the govt disbursed by the public sector. I stand corrected
I edited my post to reduce mis-information

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the links. It indicates to me why EM's ATVM loan approval is still pending.
I think EM spelled it out in their SEC filing. I think EM basically meets all the criteria, except in a couple of extremely key areas currently that they are scrambling to meet. They need to show means of repayment of a loan and solvency throughout the duration of loan. They need to conduct tests that verify what their simulations show.

These things looks clear to me in the Federal Register circular, here's the applicable snipit (the whole thing is much longer). https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2013-title10-vol4/pdf/CFR-2013-title10-vol4-part611-subpartB.pdf
Section 611.101

(6) The applicant’s liquidity as of the
date of the loan application;
(7) Statements from applicant’s lend-
ers that the applicant is current with
all payments due under loans made by
those lenders at the time of the loan
application; and
(8) Financial projections dem-
onstrating the applicant’s solvency
through the period of time that the
loan is outstanding.

(c) A detailed explanation of how the
proposed project qualifies under appli-
cable law to receive a loan or award
under this part, including vehicle sim-
ulations using industry standard model
(need to add name and location of this
open source model) to show projected
fuel economy;

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think EM spelled it out in their SEC filing. I think EM basically meets all the criteria, except in a couple of extremely key areas currently that they are scrambling to meet. They need to show means of repayment of a loan and solvency throughout the duration of loan. They need to conduct tests that verify what their simulations show.

These things looks clear to me in the Federal Register circular, here's the applicable snipit (the whole thing is much longer). https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2013-title10-vol4/pdf/CFR-2013-title10-vol4-part611-subpartB.pdf
Section 611.101

application; and
loan is outstanding.

fuel economy;
Thanks for making those requirements more explicit. The "at the time of loan application" requirement may be challenging since EM's resources were substantially different from just a year ago and almost certainly much different from when they applied.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Section 611.101

application; and
loan is outstanding.

fuel economy;

Yes, my 2 indicators pending loan approval are verification of the Elio's performance claims (min 75 mpg) and financial viability. 75 mpg easy...........financial viabilty more complicated.

image.jpeg

When the DoE determines EM meets all the ATVM requirements the loan will no doubt be approved. In my mind it would be better approved pre-production, but even post production approval would be a positive in allowing EM to rapidly scale production numbers.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, my 2 indicators pending loan approval are verification of the Elio's performance claims (min 75 mpg) and financial viability. 75 mpg easy...........financial viabilty more complicated.

View attachment 8550
When the DoE determines EM meets all the ATVM requirements the loan will no doubt be approved. In my mind it would be better approved pre-production, but even post production approval would be a positive in allowing EM to rapidly scale production numbers.

I have serious questions how a sub organization of a larger organization which has spent $9 trillion more than it has taken in in the last 7 years has the competence to evaluate the "financial viability" of anyone or any thing. Let alone the fact that "viability" is an extremely subjective concept.

Top Bottom