• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today is a very odd day for the stock. Typically when a company announces a stock offering the price tanks. And announcing a delay out to 2019 should send it down too. But instead the stock is soaring up 50% right now. Wild day for sure.
" The potential upside of share dilution is that the capital the company receives from selling additional shares can improve the company's profitability and the value of its stock."
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dilution.asp
Since this secondary offering would increase the odds of making it to production, I would say that improves the possibility of profitability.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.fool.com/knowledge-center/what-happens-to-the-share-price-when-new-shares-ar.aspx

Actually the price usually drops because it dilutes existing shareholders.

Eventually, yes. But it takes a few shares to be sold before that happens and not a reaction on the day of the announcement of the upcoming IPO, yes?

But the more important point is the market likes the news when they normally don't. So that tells me our odds of getting our cars just went up a lot today!

I can happily agree with that. With EM's track record, how much it improves our odds is yet to be seen, but yes, I'll go with that.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's true. It's technically an autocycle. For me it will be replacing my old Sentra so it will be my daily "car".
At this point, I will be so happy to get mine, it will be my new home.

ELIO hit the top of the bollinger band @ 7.00, what a day. 18,722 shares traded so far.

Top Bottom