• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again, though, I'm not going to get into a debate about AGW, people are welcome to ignore that the majority of scientists agree. The only disagreement is on the extent, or expedience, that AGW is occurring.

They only have models. If the model does not agree with what they want to find, they tweak the model to get the answer they want. No proof, just models. I won't get into an Anthropogenic (aka man caused) argument with you because no one can tell the future and no one can tell exactly the impact of gases released into the atmosphere. The "experts" can guess all they want. We just have to agree to disagree. I will continue to drive my big ICE powered SUV. Gas is cheap and oil is plentiful. Can't wait to get my Elio though, as a second vehicle to tool around in :D (well on second thought, I guess I will have to wait...)

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people are trying to make EV adoption more difficult than it is. I own two...they just aren't that difficult to use or prepare for.

I have nothing against folks who want an electric vehicle. Just because we are not cheerleaders for them, doesn't mean we are "making adoption more difficult". It's not inevitable, therefore I won't be "preparing" for them. I happen to like an ICE powered vehicle. I really don't want an electric one. I'm happy for you that you have two electric vehicles but I'll keep my gas powered ones.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My original statement: "Those kinds of charging times are patently ridiculous for any home setup."

Your reply: "Chargers capable of doing this have already been installed...it's not difficult to do."

Yes, you quoted this from me: (LINK)

...but they can get the charging times down to 15-20 minutes with current technology.

Which you pulled out of this response:

You'll only need to wait 5 years for the costs to come down. Range will continue to be in the 300 mile range for Civic pricing, but they can get the charging times down to 15-20 minutes with current technology. I don't know too many people that jump out of their car, gas up, and jump back in to drive another ~300 miles down the road. Typical gas station stops on trips are in the 15-25 minute range anyway, especially if you're traveling with your family/SO.

I own 2 EVs, and haven't found charging on trips to be onerous at all.

Which had nothing to do with home charging...because it was a response to this statmement from Donnyboy: (LINK)

[...]Once I see the following I'm all on board with electric cars: Electric Civic costs the same as the gas Civic version with equal features. Range is 1.5 to 2 times the range of the gas version to compensate for the inconvenience of having to stop to charge up on trips. Now if they invent a way to charge at the same speed as a gas fill up then an equal range is fine.

Hopefully that clears up the misunderstanding.

Last edited:

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have nothing against folks who want an electric vehicle. Just because we are not cheerleaders for them, doesn't mean we are "making adoption more difficult". It's not inevitable, therefore I won't be "preparing" for them. I happen to like an ICE powered vehicle. I really don't want an electric one. I'm happy for you that you have two electric vehicles but I'll keep my gas powered ones.

I was stating that people have a misconception of what is required for EV adoption. I have no interest in convincing people to drive electric.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today's data for Elio stock...

IMG_4602.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom