• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Crazy Daze indeed.
ELIO 1/26/18
Open 3.30
High 3.50
Low 3.01
Close 3.29
Someone is over paying for a small amount of stock hoping to sell a larger amount for a higher price. This has happened three times this week, with three failures. They were doing it a lot last fall. At first they were doing well, then they were getting nowhere and stopped. Sometimes these people go on message boards and spread positive lies about the company. Some people do the opposite with companies and short the stock. Always be skeptical for any big movements without any facts to justify them. One guy made up negative facts about a stock called Shopify last November or December. He made millions shorting with no recriminations.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio’s Frame redesign can be done with sophisticated Engineering CAD software which would take considerably less than $16 Million. SONDORS designed, engineered, and built one refined looking prototype for $1 Million.

This is one reason why Paul’s Engineering company, ESG Engineering, billing over $25 million (in stock, even) may be dissuading future investors. This may not appear to the VC’s to reinforce the wholesome intent that we know Paul has!! :D

Last edited:

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Who are these people that you speak of ?$?$ :cool::bolt:
I don't think that they are on here. For bigger stocks go to Yahoo (stock symbol) conversations. You can get a lot of information, the hard part is determining the BS from the facts. For instance, the conversation board for SHLD told about Whirlpool dropping SHLD as a vendor three days before the trade journals reported it.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with that. That is one of my major disappointments: the failure of the A+ funds to generate the stated prototypes. I understand that the majority of the funds went to redesign into the stamped frame instead of welded tube frame, and the improved NVH as assisted by Roush. But still, the failure to get the E series built is a rough one to get over.
You bring up a good point. I find it hard to believe that from 2009 to May 2016 that at least 1000 people in the automotive industry didn't tell Elio, "There's no way you can make a tube frame car at that volume for that price." and "Why did you get a state of the art plant with a massive steel stamping operation and robots to weld together that stamped steel, yet you are going to use none of it?" I asked them twice at shows and they specifically told me it was to be tube frame and I know all of you were convinced for years it was going to be tube frame. There are pages and pages of posts about tube frame for years. Elio announced at least 3-4 production dates before they ever decided that unibody and a steel body was the way to go.

So either Elio motors was either using the cheap to produce tube frame chassis to use as a fundraising tool with no intention to actually building it (yet telling people they were) or they were just not open to a cheap, tried and true method of chassis/body production using tooling and machinery they already owned. Tube frame chassis' are fine for the motorcycle, snow mobile, quad runner and 4 wheelers. They don't crank out a high volume, don't have to crash test, small capital investment when it comes to model changes and have a big profit margin. Elio is literally to be made like a car not a quad runner.

I find it odd that after a fundraising round with the IPO they all of a sudden came through with the discovery that they should make it like like every other high volume cheap small car out there for the last 40 years. Roush does excellent work but this is car building 101 we are talking about here. Does anyone else find that odd?

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You bring up a good point. I find it hard to believe that from 2009 to May 2016 that at least 1000 people in the automotive industry didn't tell Elio, "There's no way you can make a tube frame car at that volume for that price." and "Why did you get a state of the art plant with a massive steel stamping operation and robots to weld together that stamped steel, yet you are going to use none of it?" I asked them twice at shows and they specifically told me it was to be tube frame and I know all of you were convinced for years it was going to be tube frame. There are pages and pages of posts about tube frame for years. Elio announced at least 3-4 production dates before they ever decided that unibody and a steel body was the way to go.

So either Elio motors was either using the cheap to produce tube frame chassis to use as a fundraising tool with no intention to actually building it (yet telling people they were) or they were just not open to a cheap, tried and true method of chassis/body production using tooling and machinery they already owned. Tube frame chassis' are fine for the motorcycle, snow mobile, quad runner and 4 wheelers. They don't crank out a high volume, don't have to crash test, small capital investment when it comes to model changes and have a big profit margin. Elio is literally to be made like a car not a quad runner.

I find it odd that after a fundraising round with the IPO they all of a sudden came through with the discovery that they should make it like like every other high volume cheap small car out there for the last 40 years. Roush does excellent work but this is car building 101 we are talking about here. Does anyone else find that odd?
I would like to see ESG justify billing 25 million for basically work that could have been done for a couple hundred thousand elsewhere.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio’s Frame redesign can be done with sophisticated Engineering CAD software which would take considerably less than $16 Million. SONDORS designed, engineered, and built one refined looking prototype for $1 Million.
IIRC, Sondors is using a welded tube frame. (I don't really follow all the other 3-wheelers.) They also produced a single show-circuit prototype. And have done none of the work necessary to convert that design to something that can be mass-produced in a factory. There is a crapton of work necessary to convert what Sondors did to high volume production. Thing is, Sondors isn't paying that money. His Chinese manufacturing partner probably will.

And to be fair, EM did a lot more than just CAD designs of the stamped frame. They also paid for soft tooling of that design, and had several of them stamped out, and built one or two of them out. (And a couple of the old frame designs, as well.)

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As long as you don't use their data to make an investment decision you're ok. It's good entertainment. The Zacks report is the closest thing to a real analyst report. At least he did in depth research on Elio. Maybe it was his first report out of college or CFA certification, but he gave it his best shot. I'd like to see him do a follow up report.
Looks like no follow up report, he knew what he was doing. Has been doing same BS reports for thirty years. Look up Steven Ralston's other picks. Should not be legal.

Top Bottom