• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
100 shares means nothing. I was wondering why Monday and Tuesday and just up until the end of Wednesday saw no trading. Seems odd and I wonder it it has to doe to the lack of SEC filings and news coverage along with Elio not getting the GM plant in Ohio that people are waiting for the Overstock announcement.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From Seeking Alpha, here is one persons opinion on Overstock:

matthelm
Comments27 | + Follow
Unfortunately , this game is over. In a non-scientific survey of 35 random consumers, we found 2 that actually ordered something from OSTK. Wayfair , Walmart and AMZn are eating their lunch. As for T-ZERO , at below $2, after launching at $10.. yes its going to ZERO. GSR, which was a fraud anyway, must be thanking their lucky stars that they didn' t invest when stock was 50% higher. This was cute when they were hyped up on bitcoin.. but the Emperor has new clothes. They can't sell the retail business.. squandred all their resources on disparate rediculaous business with virtually no sales , nor prospects and now... are really in trouble. With the stock breaking mult year lows... and still refusing to actually take analyst questions on the cc... OSTK … going to $5

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Obviously a sampling of 35 people is not a good indicator. However, all the comments for that article were negative towards Overstock. None were positive. While any opinion should be questioned, mine included, some of the points the negatives brought up warrant further scrutiny. I think in the financial world they call that "due diligence".

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just not sure how relevant Overstock.com is these days. Back in Ye Good Olde Days when it was harder to find good deals, they made more sense. But with every major retailer doing online business and Amazon killing it with Prime for years now, it is a whole different world.

The last time I bought something from Overstock was two years ago when I just wanted to try buying something with bitcoin just to say I did, LOL. It was a duct fan for a project I was working on for $26. When I bought a second one a year later I got it from Amazon for $20 with free two day shipping. It was the same 6" Chinese made duct fan, just cheaper and shipped faster.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Obviously a sampling of 35 people is not a good indicator. However, all the comments for that article were negative towards Overstock. None were positive. While any opinion should be questioned, mine included, some of the points the negatives brought up warrant further scrutiny. I think in the financial world they call that "due diligence".
I dig it. Perhaps everything they said is true. But when an individual throws a weak shot like that “survey”, red flags go up for me. Tells me this person could very well have some kind of axe to grind and is grabbing anything negative- without looking objectively.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By the end of the year we will have Eliocoin!
Elio Motors, a car manufacturer that Byrne has previously said was working on a token issuance with tZERO, will not be among the first issuers on the platform, Noursalehi said. Elio wants to code a more complicated functionality into their tokens, like allowing token holders to get their ordered cars faster, and working on that will take more time, he explained. By the end of this year, tZERO hopes to get up to 10 tokens traded on its alternative trading system (ATS).

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I dig it. Perhaps everything they said is true. But when an individual throws a weak shot like that “survey”, red flags go up for me. Tells me this person could very well have some kind of axe to grind and is grabbing anything negative- without looking objectively.
Those are the people shorting the stock (especially when they say things like what the price of the stock will be). Just like the tons of anti Tesla articles. Doesn't have to have fact, just paint a terrible picture. Tesla is one to do it to because the most can be made off them going under or the stock crashing.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's some positive news about Overstock:

Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK) jumps 3.6% in premarket trading after boosting guidance for 2019 retail adjusted EBITDA of $15M, up from its prior guidance of $10M.

"Retail is returning to be a source of positive cash flow rather than a consumer of it," said CEO and Founder Patrick Byrne. "I believe that by 2020, retail positive operating cash flows will be comparable with the past."

On the crypto front, OSTK in a few weeks will start rolling out a full kit of technology apps for security token trading.

Q1 net loss per share of $1.18 vs. a loss of $1.74 per share in the year-ago quarter.

Q1 adjusted EBITDA of negative $23.7M compares with negative $30.6M a year ago; retail adjusted EBITDA was negative $2.5M, while tZERO's was negative $13.2M.

Previously: Overstock.com misses by $0.25, beats on revenue (May 9)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Elio Motors, I would have completely forgot about Overstock. I knew about Pat but I assumed Overstock went out of business. My feeling is Pat was using his money he earned from Overstock to move onto something else and really could care less about the company since the marketplace has things like Amazon and more recently, Wayfair.

I'm a bit upset that the $404M deal Pat had told us all about over and over again, now is $5M. Honestly, the SEC needs to look into that because someone was over promising and making everything look way better than what the reality was. Same for him saying he was selling Overstock.

At this point, now what happens to Elio Motors.
- Will the 10 tokens that will be out on the market by the end of the year fund the whole project?
- Will Elio get some mystery investor before the tokens are issued?
- What does this mean for the 76 week timeline that has never started yet?
- Will we hear Paul speak on camera or will it be over a year since we have heard him give an update?

At this point, it's now 2021 for Elio and I'd suspect the latter half of 2021 before they are ready to go. What do we talk about for the next 2 years?

Top Bottom