• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Especially in the day and age where anything resembling "money talks" triggers people as easily as it does.
This is what Elio did. The more you spent the further up the line you went. If I was SIL #60,000 and gave just $100, all I had to do is spend another $900 and get to 21,195. That was a bait and switch because in 2013-2015 did anyone tell people that if you, commit to buy and do $1K non refundable that your price was to be locked in at $7K, thus you'd make a big jump in the line. I would say, that the answer is no. So why is that any different?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I realize that both Meccanica and Arcimoto did versions of this, but in Meccanica's case, their plan was fully disclosed from the very beginning and doesn't involve a change in price. Even then, they changed the "SIL" (there never actually was a 'hard' SIL declared) around quite a bit more according to geography and relationships with the company. And people were upset. At the least, it didn't help their image. Arcimoto, bless their hearts, on the other hand, changed things up several times over the course of their story. And yes, people were upset. And yes, it didn't help their image either. However, I believe those two company's track record for transparency and honesty was, and still is, in rather good shape otherwise compared to Elio's. Especially after EM made at least two statements declaring that there will be absolutely no line-jumping, I believe that even pulling a "signature series" stunt would be viewed by the reservation holders and especially the general public as a HUGE dishonest bait and switch.
I was surprised Arcimoto pulled that page from the Tesla Motors Model 3 release playbook, by offering the fully optioned model only, until production scale allows for base model profitability. I was disappointed in Arcimoto’s announcement, but understood the business logic when the startup is burning through cash. Frankly, Elio would have to do the same to stay in business. No way EM could offer the base model or honor the discount offers to all-in reservationists during that same cash burn period if they somehow got into production.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is what Elio did. The more you spent the further up the line you went. If I was SIL #60,000 and gave just $100, all I had to do is spend another $900 and get to 21,195. That was a bait and switch because in 2013-2015 did anyone tell people that if you, commit to buy and do $1K non refundable that your price was to be locked in at $7K, thus you'd make a big jump in the line. I would say, that the answer is no. So why is that any different?
Are you re-writing history? I wasn't aware that the lock-in changed the SIL. Maybe someone can enlighten me on that. P.E. and/or EM never stated that the reservation scale WOULD NOT happen. I know that I simply can't help you see the difference there, so I'm not even going to waste my time trying.

Besides, times and public sentiment have changed in the last four to six years. Drastically.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you re-writing history? I wasn't aware that the lock-in changed the SIL. Maybe someone can enlighten me on that. I simply know that I can't help you see the difference there, so I'm not even going to waste my time trying. Good luck.
I was always under the impression that if you ponied up $1K and did the locked in of $7000 then you got to the end of that tier. I guess not then. Let me then rephrase that then. If I have put $100 down but then decided to put down $1K non refundable, I get to move way up in line as opposed to me just doing $100. The more I spend, the further up in line I go. If there was no SIL change for a me going from $100 to $1000 non refundable, then there would be no reason for me to put more money in. If that's the case, then it explains why from 21,196 - 65,460 the average deposit was $152 (1-21,195 all are $1K, commit to buy with 7K fixed price). With that number, that would be approximately 38,000 reservationists that put in $100 and no more than 2000 put in $1K. If you left out the $250 and $500, that would mean that for every $1K there were 16 $100 reservations. Add into some $250 and $500 you can get to the $152.

Just looking at those numbers means that most just either didn't have the incentive to risk more than $100 or Elio should have reassigned SIL's to get you further up in line with the more you spent. With that I stand corrected. No matter how much you spent, you just got a number thus a $100 guy could be SIL #2 and $1K all in could be 65,460.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Define rock solid plan. I thought the Elio Plan outlined to build the 25 Elio engineering vehicles was ROCK SOLID after they received the $13Million of stated funds needed to complete that critical production milestone event. The Reg A+ funding round provided $15million, $2Million more than needed. I recall most or all of that funding went to Paul & Hari’s ESG Engineering Firm. Perhaps it would have been better had Elio Marketing contracted with Roush Engineering? There’s no driveable prototype, no final specs, no motors, no confirmed MPG, no safety/certification testing, no tooled manufacturing plant, no employees, no confirmed MSRP, along with mountains of debt and fines.

Elio Marketing had a highly successful Rock Solid Plan. However, what’s the logic in sending Elio Marketing another penny, unless it’s to pay for your fully assembled Elio, confirmed shipping date by a private shipping company, loaded, on the road, and being shipped directly to your address. I don’t understand the continued trust and support of Elio anything, but find it interesting that some continue to trust.
I still trust my daughters though they've all made mistakes here and there. You don't lose trust because someone makes a mistake but you DO lose trust if they've misled you or hid facts. I don't think Elio did either. They made a huge mistake and found out late in the game that their tube chassis wouldn't be a good candidate for mass production so they shifted gears and sank more money into developing the new frame. That really set them back. The engine, same type of mistakes. I suppose you could argue that you can't trust Elio to make good decisions but I can't get to the fact that they are loading up ESG with money either... Though I know they spent a lot of it there... much more than I would think was necessary. But, I do believe that Paul has been doing what he thinks is the best for the company.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was always under the impression that if you ponied up $1K and did the locked in of $7000 then you got to the end of that tier. I guess not then. Let me then rephrase that then. If I have put $100 down but then decided to put down $1K non refundable, I get to move way up in line as opposed to me just doing $100. The more I spend, the further up in line I go. If there was no SIL change for a me going from $100 to $1000 non refundable, then there would be no reason for me to put more money in. If that's the case, then it explains why from 21,196 - 65,460 the average deposit was $152 (1-21,195 all are $1K, commit to buy with 7K fixed price). With that number, that would be approximately 38,000 reservationists that put in $100 and no more than 2000 put in $1K. If you left out the $250 and $500, that would mean that for every $1K there were 16 $100 reservations. Add into some $250 and $500 you can get to the $152.

Just looking at those numbers means that most just either didn't have the incentive to risk more than $100 or Elio should have reassigned SIL's to get you further up in line with the more you spent. With that I stand corrected. No matter how much you spent, you just got a number thus a $100 guy could be SIL #2 and $1K all in could be 65,460.
The only way to get a "Spot in Line" was to go in at $1,000. I was at $100 and didn't get my spot in line until I upped it to $1,000. The $1,000 Want-in followed the other amounts and then the lower amounts followed that but none of those got the Spot-In-Line numbers... Mine is still 3,898 but I don't know how that would work if Elio did some kind of Founders series or gave some company first dibs. That'd actually make me quite irate, I must admit.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wrong. Well, sort of. They were very upfront about the pricing tiers. I went in for $100 and my Dad went in for $1,000. He got a SIL and I didn't. I knew that at the time but wasn't ready to put down $1,000. Later, I upped my $100 to the $1,000 level so I could get a SIL like Dad had. There was never a bait and switch. You did not get SIL if you made a $100 reservation but I suppose you could say that you had a place in line that was undefined numerically. Rather, it was of the "You'll get your Elio before anyone who puts down the same or less money after you" kind of variety. The $1,000 All In is/was the only way to get "the next spot available on the production line".

From their website, they do actually say "Get your Elio sooner by moving up levels" But that's not bait and switch.

Here are those levels in the order in which you'll get your Elio:

$1,000 All in (non-refundable) - This is the only tier that earns you a "Spot In Line" (There are 22,800 people in this group currently)
$ 500 All in (non-refundable) - Right now, the first person who put in $500 non-refundable deposit would get Elio # 22,801 unless someone put in a $1,000 non-refundable deposit in which case, you would get bumped down one)
$ 250 All in (non-refundable)
$ 100 All in (non-refundable)
$1,000 I want in (refundable)
$ 500 I want in (refundable)
$ 250 I want in (refundable)
$ 100 I want in (refundable) - The only thing I remember from this group is that Paul said that ALL reservationists would get an Elio in the first year of production and that they'd stop taking reservations when they got to that point. They haven't.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Do you even read your posts? :rolleyes:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But, I do believe that Paul has been doing what he thinks is the best for the company.
Doesn't mean that he's the least bit competent. History would argue just the opposite. It doesn't mean he's trustworthy with other people's interests. I guess we have a different definition of trustworthy. After seeing a colossal, seemingly endless string of train wreck after train wreck from a person, IMO only a extremely gullible person or a loved one trusts them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elf
Top Bottom