• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent find Officespaced! That is very beneficial. From that wording, I would assume that "production" would occur at the start of those last 12 weeks. That means 35weeks from starting "pre-production activities" till the first car rolls off to a reservation holder. That is in line with what I was guessing, 6-9 months.

So if the BIG announcement doesn't come by April/May, expect the stock to tank.

I still don't understand what feedback they are looking for. Will they really be able to make changes before the 1st car rolls off for the reservation holders?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did not say reservations are not important, but they are not nearly as important as making progress towards profitability. IF the ATVM loan actually had a requirement for Elio to get 65K, then they are. I find that HIGHLY unlikely. I find it more likely that they are asking them to prove the gas mileage.

For a publically traded company, the milestones towards income or more income are huge. You know what would happen to Apple stock if they said the production of the next iphone is delay 1month?!? Elio gave a good presentation to the investors, but investors are smart people. They deal with other peoples money and people get upset if someone loses their money. His presentation had the bad news that there was a significant delay in a milestone that ELIO had set. He didn't even address the issue! That is likely the reason the stock has dropped from 19 to 12. The overall market has not dropped 37% in that time.

Will there be a rebound? If Elio hits the targets that he has set then yes. He has now publically said that delays to production will be in weeks and not months now. IF he misses the current target, the stock will go down. If he starts hiring and confirms production, expect the stock to rise.
There is a difference between investing in stable and mature markets and investing in startups. It is by nature risky. Expecting to invest without risk in a startup means you don't know what you're in for and should stay away. Settle for your 0.9% and complain later about why you didn't get in on the startup of the next generation of business success.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the Marshall link "But note that there are 73,512,452 shares authorized, but not outstanding which could be used to dilute your ownership interest."

If EM releases these shares to raise money to equip the factory. Will it be an announced event? and will that be bad for currant share holders?
I read a Motley Fool Article here. It said that dilution could be good, bad or neutral. I guessing, for EM it could be neutral. It depends on what price the shares sell for, right?

And one thought about the falling price. I've been told that it is dangerous to try to catch a falling knife. It is much safer to wait for it to hit the floor, then pick it up.
Agreed. But the bounce back is usually quite rapid so you'll miss it if you aren't ready.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a difference between investing in stable and mature markets and investing in startups. It is by nature risky. Expecting to invest without risk in a startup means you don't know what you're in for and should stay away. Settle for your 0.9% and complain later about why you didn't get in on the startup of the next generation of business success.

I put money where mouth is..........

th?id=OIP.Mcaf1b8c81ad09349f6c6c37886ff1c91o0&pid=15.1.jpg

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bought a 100 shares on margin, just couldn't stop myself, and I think I'll buy more Monday. If I can't stop by then I will have to be checked into rehab :help: But seriously, I've never been more stoked about the unveiling of the licorice E1C for the first time at the LA Auto Show...wish I could go! Whomever goes will need to post a bunch of pictures here. Should be really close to what the production model will be. I believe everything is coming together for significant news... possibly an mpg highway announcement? That being 75 mpg or higher for the ATVM loan is still the requirement...last I heard. The settling of the price just below the crowd funded price of $12 brought about a valuation that should be easier for the VC money to handle. They apparently agree with our preproduction valuation, give or take 10%. The volume indicating that a solid foundation is being formed at current price... positive news will cause Elio Motors stock to soar! :whoo::violin:

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bought a 100 shares on margin, just couldn't stop myself, and I think I'll buy more Monday. If I can't stop by then I will have to be checked into rehab :help: But seriously, I've never been more stoked about the unveiling of the licorice E1C for the first time at the LA Auto Show...wish I could go! Whomever goes will need to post a bunch of pictures here. Should be really close to what the production model will be. I believe everything is coming together for significant news... possibly an mpg highway announcement? That being 75 mpg or higher for the ATVM loan is still the requirement...last I heard. The settling of the price just below the crowd funded price of $12 brought about a valuation that should be easier for the VC money to handle. They apparently agree with our preproduction valuation, give or take 10%. The volume indicating that a solid foundation is being formed at current price... positive news will cause Elio Motors stock to soar! :whoo::violin:
Pink Sheet stocks on margin is very dangerous my friend. Proceed with caution! My broker doesn't allow it, only cash account. That being said, in this week for 2,500 shares :D

Top Bottom