• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The address in Phoenix is just a mail drop, not a office location.
sI believe I told you this before.
There is a door/emblem, not just a mail drop. So you're saying Elio is just a virtual company? <edit, insult removed>- What does that say about a public company that doesn't even have an office staff?
"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, but did he? He's been incognito since LA LA Land. Team Elio had an appearance in the Detroit show, but didn't really up-play, despite the E1C unveil. So where are the post-E1C testing prototypes? Maybe the minions are building, but at home in Phoenix, the Elio HQ is locked up and unresponsive.
Are you paying attention?
The address in Phoenix is just a mail drop, not a office location.
I believe I told you this before.

They were building prototypes outside of Detroit at
34005 Autry St. Livonia, MI.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What good does staffing an office in Phoenix do? Yeah, it'd be nice if there was a physical location nearby to go talk to an Elio representative, but that's probably not worth the expense of a staff in the Phoenix office. In today's world, most communication is done digitally or over the phone and the "office staff" are probably also the people coordinating the public events and managing the website. That's just the way business is going. Fewer people wearing more hats, enabled by technology to do their jobs from wherever they are.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
What good does staffing an office in Phoenix do? Yeah, it'd be nice if there was a physical location nearby to go talk to an Elio representative, but that's probably not worth the expense of a staff in the Phoenix office. In today's world, most communication is done digitally or over the phone and the "office staff" are probably also the people coordinating the public events and managing the website. That's just the way business is going. Fewer people wearing more hats, enabled by technology to do their jobs from wherever they are.
Agreed, at the last place I was working, I told people: "my office is wherever I'm at, at that time"
I did have a location I would have items shipped to, or I could go in and have more space to work on something, or I didn't want it in the house.

So yes, Elio Motors is pretty much a Virtual Company, they have the mail drop location, the factory, and they are in and out of the place that is building the prototypes (I think it was called TechnoSports) in Livonia, MI.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The alternative to the "racket" is runaway pollution and smog, like they currently have in places like China, India, and central Europe where some people have to wear masks outdoors so they breathe.

The US needs alternative energy and transportation. But right now, it's not economical for most people. Which is where the Elio comes in. Affordable, high-efficiency, low-emissions mass-market transportation NOW, not 20 years from now.

State emissions testing is stupid. The Fed already requires new cars to pass strict EPA rules.

It is normally just a money grab. There were affordable, high-efficiency, low emissions cars.....geo metros. Americans only care when money is on the line. If gas is $1/gal, very few would care about econo cars.

I agree that we have the technology for significantly higher mpg cars and can make them affordable, but why would the big guys do that?! IMO (with nothing to back it up), I think big oil pays the auto manufacturers to keep the mpgs down.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
State emissions testing is stupid. The Fed already requires new cars to pass strict EPA rules.

It is normally just a money grab. There were affordable, high-efficiency, low emissions cars.....geo metros. Americans only care when money is on the line. If gas is $1/gal, very few would care about econo cars.

I agree that we have the technology for significantly higher mpg cars and can make them affordable, but why would the big guys do that?! IMO (with nothing to back it up), I think big oil pays the auto manufacturers to keep the mpgs down.
I thought States just tested emissions to ensure the Federal guidelines were being met. The $15-$25 it costs to get emissions testing is hardly excessive.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And the person who has
I thought States just tested emissions to ensure the Federal guidelines were being met. The $15-$25 it costs to get emissions testing is hardly excessive.

It isn't the cost of the test. It's when someone that has very little money fails the test. They have some beater car with a very small issue that doesn't make a difference. Like a check engine light for a knock sensor. Then they take their $500 beater to the shop and spend $500. It's a burden for these people and they just hope they pass.

Top Bottom