• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yea, I have 100 amps in my garage. But Im only interested in a city electric car. So anything I get wont take long to charge at lower current.

I do too, along with 3 NEMA 14-50 outlets for each bay. I typically charge our long range EV at 30A, and even that is overkill for daily driving.

4matic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_4587.PNG

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is a case of:

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”

PEVs are going to dominate the market within a decade, that's just reality.
"That's just a reality" And how exactly do you know that? You must have a crystal ball or something. Sounds like the equivalent of when someone says a theory is "settled science" and then they don't have to prove anything. This predicting the future stuff, especially ten years out with certainty, is a real slippery slope. Well I've also heard all cars will be self driving and the end of people owning cars is near. I'm not buying that either (in ten years anyway...)

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You never know how things might turn out however. When i was in elementary school, junior high, it was said how the metric system was superior in every way to the imperial system and we had to learn the metric as it would soon replace the obsolete imperial system.

Well, here we are 40 years later, and USA still got feet, inches, gallons and MPH speed limit signs. So it would seem the switch over is going a bit slow.

Don't forget that in Jr. high we were told that we would be out of oil in only 12 years.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"That's just a reality" And how exactly do you know that? You must have a crystal ball or something. Sounds like the equivalent of when someone says a theory is "settled science" and then they don't have to prove anything. This predicting the future stuff, especially ten years out with certainty, is a real slippery slope. Well I've also heard all cars will be self driving and the end of people owning cars is near. I'm not buying that either (in ten years anyway...)

As I said before, all manufacturers are moving towards electrifying their vehicles...and all well within the next decade. Emissions requirements are the main factor, and Europe and China aren't wavering from future regulations, as this administration seems to be. Tesla has, currently, more than 455,000 reservations for their Model 3. China is pushing EVs harder than the US, and have over 100k EV buses tooling around.

These predictions are coming from industry analysts, these are not my musings. Self-driving vehicles are coming, and they will bring a paradigm shift with them, I know this is difficult for some to grasp.

Again, though, I'm not going to get into a debate about AGW, people are welcome to ignore that the majority of scientists agree. The only disagreement is on the extent, or expedience, that AGW is occurring.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I said before, all manufacturers are moving towards electrifying their vehicles...and all well within the next decade. Emissions requirements are the main factor, and Europe and China aren't wavering from future regulations, as this administration seems to be. Tesla has, currently, more than 455,000 reservations for their Model 3. China is pushing EVs harder than the US, and have over 100k EV buses tooling around.

These predictions are coming from industry analysts, these are not my musings. Self-driving vehicles are coming, and they will bring a paradigm shift with them, I know this is difficult for some to grasp.

Again, though, I'm not going to get into a debate about AGW, people are welcome to ignore that the majority of scientists agree. The only disagreement is on the extent, or expedience, that AGW is occurring.
PS...Paul Elio has long talked about an EVElio. First things first...an ICE Elio for the next 10 years where US car sales will be over 90% non-EV. BTW, Elio has the best foundation for EV structurally (platform) and financially (Initial ICE sales in 6 figures). Just like XTI VTOL...Elio will be in the right place at the right time when the batteries, FINALLY, aren't just crap! Its all in playing your cards right, not jumping the gun and getting in sync with right timetables with technological advancement. Remember 400 ppb CO2 caused by human amplification was supposed to be catastrophic for AGW over 5 years ago.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hidden costs of electric vehicles. Most cities have a code that requires a licensed electrician to install what is considered an upgrade. That includes a simple outlet. This code also usually requires a permit. After installation and inspection is ok, then the powers-to-be will increase the value of your "improved" property and also thereby increase your property taxes. Now some of you I'm sure can install these electrical hookups properly, (and without permit), but when the property is sold, inspectors will be on the lookout for unauthorized installations. To bring the property to code may require it all be done over again. The faster chargers that require more than 20 amps will be the most costly in this regard. As many lower income people will not be able to afford the extra costs of owning a electric vehicle, the gas Elio will become a very desired means of transportation for many years. My guess would be that 20 years will pass and we will still have gas vehicles as a common sight. Elio stock looks better and better right now.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hidden costs of electric vehicles. Most cities have a code that requires a licensed electrician to install what is considered an upgrade. That includes a simple outlet. This code also usually requires a permit. After installation and inspection is ok, then the powers-to-be will increase the value of your "improved" property and also thereby increase your property taxes. Now some of you I'm sure can install these electrical hookups properly, (and without permit), but when the property is sold, inspectors will be on the lookout for unauthorized installations. To bring the property to code may require it all be done over again. The faster chargers that require more than 20 amps will be the most costly in this regard. As many lower income people will not be able to afford the extra costs of owning a electric vehicle, the gas Elio will become a very desired means of transportation for many years. My guess would be that 20 years will pass and we will still have gas vehicles as a common sight. Elio stock looks better and better right now.

I've had outlets installed in two separate houses, prices range by region...and are dependent on the location of the panel. It can be as little as $100, or you can simply use a standard 120v plug. Yes it will only charge 40 miles in about 10hrs...but then most peoples' vehicles sit in their garage for even longer times than that...with commutes that are generally half that range.

Also, note that I used the term "PEV" earlier. This includes PHEVs...and you certainly can recharge all PHEVs currently for sale fully on a standard outlet, overnight. Many businesses are installing charging for their employees...so there's 8hrs of charging available while working.

That said, there are 86M US household, just US, that have access to home charging. It's going to be quite some time before anyone needs to worry about low-income properties needing coverage. Quite a few people to get through.

I'm not sure why people are trying to make EV adoption more difficult than it is. I own two...they just aren't that difficult to use or prepare for.

Top Bottom