• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This story has a point.

I decided to build a little table to go between my chair and the couch. It is a wedge shaped thing and I couldn't find something already made that met what I wanted to have so I decided the only way to get one was to build it myself. I put together a list of supplies I'd need and went to get the wood. The top piece ended up being a little too wide for the decent looking pieces but I was content to get a couple and make it work. I then changed my mind and went with a larger board that was edge glued to make a larger single piece. I had the right tools and I got some help (15 yr. old daughter). I made the cuts for the top and then took it over to the router to make the edges nice. The router bit came loose about halfway through the second side effectively ruining the piece. It got thrown across the garage in a hissy fit. So, I had to tell my wife the project would take a little longer and would now cost more to make. I went back to get another piece of the edge-glued board when I changed my mind again and got a nice piece of Spruce plywood and figured I'd case it in ash to get a unique looking top. I also bought legs as I don't have a lathe at the house.

Back to cutting... then, I got out the compound miter-slide and did some cutting on the ash. Then, I attached the leg hardware, cased the spruce and got to sanding. Then, it was time for staining. I went for a light coat.. then, I had to sand between coats. Then, I put on a second coat. Today, that second coat is dry and I'll do some more (very) light sanding and then I'll put on a clear coat of poly. Then, it'll be done. But, that's still in the future. Plus, I've got one of the legs that isn't quite right. It seems the bolt in the end came out and I've had to "fix" it twice already. I can't figure out if it'll be okay or if I need to do something to protect it somehow. The other legs seem fine.

I blew through my estimated timeframe and money too fast all while promising my wife that I'd get it done but not whether or not she'd actually like the table... Imagine if I were starting a car company with those type of issues. Now, ramp up those issues to the size you'd expect with a car company that plans on making 250,000 cars a year. Wow.

Perspective is something we all lose at times. It's tough to get out of the "I'm impatient" mode and start to think that Paul Elio doesn't know what he is doing or that maybe, somehow, he's hired people who don't know what they are doing. Not a single person on this forum has successfully started a car company from scratch. Few ever have. Fewer than that have ever done it without first being independently wealthy. It doesn't mean that Paul Elio doesn't know what he's doing just because he isn't doing what WE think he should be doing. WE need to be reminded at times that what he is doing is unprecedented in our lifetimes. We don't DESERVE to know everything about Elio or Paul Elio's motivations. We'd like to know, for sure. Our feelings about HOW things should be done conflict with the realities that THIS IS INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT and THAT causes frustration and makes us "lose our patience". When you lose patience, it should be because something is taking longer than we feel it should. Where did we get the feeling that it takes XXX amount of time to build a car company? Because Tesla did it? Elon Musk started in 2003, didn't produce his first car till 2008... By January 2009, Tesla had raised $187 million and delivered 147 cars. In 2013, they posted their first profit. It isn't easy, apparently.

My point, as it were, is that impatience is something that each person who feels it has actively decided to feel. If you feel impatient about Elio's timeline, that's because you have decided that they are taking too long. It doesn't mean that Elio IS taking too long or doing something else wrong. It just means that you've assigned an arbitrary value to what you FEEL should be attainable. Either you trust that success is important to Paul Elio and that he's doing whatever he and his hired experts believe is necessary to succeed or you don't. If you don't trust that, don't invest. Don't invest either through a down payment or a stock purchase. If you have already invested, you have already, through your release of funds, put faith that Paul Elio is going to do what it takes to succeed. Paul still wants to succeed. That has not changed. Only our perception of patience...

I'll take this single sentence to apologize for such a long rant - Sorry.
Rants are healthy... saves on meds.

Monty

Reaction score
Guess you shouldn't assume. They haven't announced a push back date for some time. As far as I have heard, it is still first quarter 2017. Been that for quite a while
My number ( I think ) is 3486, It seems like I've been hearing next year, next year etc for 3 years or more. Now I see people with numbers in the 2500 range saying they have been all in since January of 2014..
I haven't been in this site for a long time (mainly because there's never anything new to talk about), so what's the latest push-back date? I'm assuming they've pushed back the date again because they've done it so many times already....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My number ( I think ) is 3486, It seems like I've been hearing next year, next year etc for 3 years or more. Now I see people with numbers in the 2500 range saying they have been all in since January of 2014..
The latest announced target period is Q4 2017; the same at it has been for a while now.
I don't ever recall them saying it was Q1 at any point; of course there were a number of people that heard Q <something> 2017 and filled in a 1
Paul had made a statement "if there are any delays now, it will be in weeks, not months"

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In 2012 Elio predicted it would be 2013, then next year, again and again many times,
he is about 70 years old now and surviving on 100 to 1000 dollar down payments , but he is kind enough to share with a few other cons hooked up with him.
This is interesting, you say Arizona, and it shows you're in Georgia.
You wouldn't happen to be spoofing your IP address by some chance would you?

And the comments you have made in anger have been removed.
We suggest you vent elsewhere, and come back when you have something more to say that isn't in anger or insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom