• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think it matters much. If they get the ATVM loan, there will be enough investor interest to fund the remaining development/validation work. What do you think the stock price will go to if the ATVM loan was announced today? I'd guess at least $50. At that price, they wouldn't have to sell more than a few million shares to make up the difference.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Little note to include here; the ATVM money goes to the vendors, not EM.
Interesting. So the money will go to the suppliers. I wonder if it will also go to Comau to cover their services for setting up the plant?

I guess EM must have the money for paying initial wages of workers, setting up human resources department, overhead, etc.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ATVM loans (like many federal, state and local) are for products that are ready to be built in large numbers. So, Elio needs a car that is production ready and meets their claims and the ATVM loan requirements. So far, three engineering cars is all that anyone in the public has seen. Elio already promised 20+ Engineering cars so they can validate their claims. Unless Elio can get the specs they claimed to get market acceptance and the ATVM loan requirements, they will never get the loan.

Remember, Elio got everyone excited about 84mpg, 5 star crash rating and $6,800. That convinced many. 84mpg turned into up to 84 mpg, 5 star crash rating turned into highest safety standards and $6,800 has turned into a targeted $7,450. All of this while the ATVM loan process was going on, Elio has changed the specs. Top it off, the production date has been changed a number of times (another spec that has changed).

Elio needs to get this whole validation and certification done. That way, their claims are real and not exaggerated. Then DoE then shouldn't have a problem with giving them the loan. Remember, this is a loan and it needs to get paid back. You can't do that if the car you sold everyone doesn't meet the specs. If it doesn't, they will turn on you and within a year you'll be bankrupt and the taxpayer on the hook. I doubt that anyone here wants that to happen.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ATVM loans (like many federal, state and local) are for products that are ready to be built in large numbers. So, Elio needs a car that is production ready and meets their claims and the ATVM loan requirements. So far, three engineering cars is all that anyone in the public has seen. Elio already promised 20+ Engineering cars so they can validate their claims. Unless Elio can get the specs they claimed to get market acceptance and the ATVM loan requirements, they will never get the loan.

Remember, Elio got everyone excited about 84mpg, 5 star crash rating and $6,800. That convinced many. 84mpg turned into up to 84 mpg, 5 star crash rating turned into highest safety standards and $6,800 has turned into a targeted $7,450. All of this while the ATVM loan process was going on, Elio has changed the specs. Top it off, the production date has been changed a number of times (another spec that has changed).

Elio needs to get this whole validation and certification done. That way, their claims are real and not exaggerated. Then DoE then shouldn't have a problem with giving them the loan. Remember, this is a loan and it needs to get paid back. You can't do that if the car you sold everyone doesn't meet the specs. If it doesn't, they will turn on you and within a year you'll be bankrupt and the taxpayer on the hook. I doubt that anyone here wants that to happen.
Then I say "Houston, we've got a problem"!! If EM is relying on the ATVM loan to "FUND" and finish their e-series build to validate their claim so they can build the 100 pre-prod, then need an infusion of cash, and lots of it coming from other sources or in your scenario, they won't get their ATVM loan. I'm hoping for some good news this friday from them.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Then I say "Houston, we've got a problem"!! If EM is relying on the ATVM loan to "FUND" and finish their e-series build to validate their claim so they can build the 100 pre-prod, then need an infusion of cash, and lots of it coming from other sources or in your scenario, they won't get their ATVM loan. I'm hoping for some good news this friday from them.
Paul has said in several of his interviews that the ATVM is one of many ways to fund Elio, but he isn't counting on that being the sole thing that gets them up and running.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has said in several of his interviews that the ATVM is one of many ways to fund Elio, but he isn't counting on that being the sole thing that gets them up and running.
Wealthy investors shouldn't be too dependent of their Risk Management Team and just go with their guts and fund our ELIO! Paul Elio should be at this point more flexible in making his decision how much control he's willing to give up to see his dream (and our dream) come true!

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The $23 million loan to Racer Trust in my opinion killed any chance of an ATVM loan. Defaulting the first payment triggering an 18 percent interest charge was either a back door way to give Stu Lichter an outrageous rate of return or total fiscal ineptness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom