• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
---
The car certainly is interesting. Would I purchase one, sure. Will there ever be cars to purchase? No. The interesting thing is how long will the hope-flame burn for those who plunked down money, and how long before the company principals flee the U.S. to avoid criminal charges.
-
Think about it for a minute. Constant changes of production dates. It's the carrot just always slightly out of reach. Shifting deadlines for last chance to lock in your car, each one brings in new money. The most basic logic here is it is a swindle that illustrates how easily individuals can be taken.

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone post, uncandy coated, like you just did. There will be those who will give you a rigorous flaming for your claims. But this is exactly what I was saying about the constant pushbacks. People like you will be saying the same things in higher numbers as the pushbacks continue...and for me, this is exactly why I only went all-in for $100...I didn't have enough confidence to go $1000...

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question then for Everi; if you doubt the Elio this much, and you have that much dislike in the company, why are you on here telling others about your feelings when you know very well this is a Pro Elio site?

And how did you get past the Watchdogs?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't often use the word "troll", but when I do...

dosequis.jpg

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
---
The car certainly is interesting. Would I purchase one, sure. Will there ever be cars to purchase? No. The interesting thing is how long will the hope-flame burn for those who plunked down money, and how long before the company principals flee the U.S. to avoid criminal charges.-
Think about it for a minute. Constant changes of production dates. It's the carrot just always slightly out of reach. Shifting deadlines for last chance to lock in your car, each one brings in new money. The most basic logic here is it is a swindle that illustrates how easily individuals can be taken.
Then your decision not to become involved is correct for you. Congratulations!

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a question then for Everi; if you doubt the Elio this much, and you have that much dislike in the company, why are you on here telling others about your feelings when you know very well this is a Pro Elio site?

And how did you get past the Watchdogs?

I wouldn't say this is a pro-Elio site...I would say it's a site for discussions about the Elio, pro or con...

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Correct, since NO ONE owns an Elio, I have assumed that this is a site to discuss all things Elio. I don't blame anyone for not putting money down. I have only done it because I love the idea and would really like to get one when available. I only shake my head when I hear people put down money that they can't afford to lose. I wish those people would stop voting and head back to school.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I realize this is a ProElio Owners Forum, but perspectives beyond, I have total faith in Paul Elio while throwing money at him, are thought provoking and educational. Otherwise, you have an ElioOwners Forum that is more of a cult following. Perhaps that's your goal, which is ok, because it's your forum. I don't get following anyone or anything blindly, without question. After 8+ years of marketing, no locked in specs, and no driveable prototype that would likely lock in the ATVM loan, and multiple delay announcements.............. everi, Grampi, and many long time friends that were encouraged to leave the forum have a good point. One can choose to believe it's a credible point or not. Expect the best, prepare for the worst.

I'm here out of long term interest in the Elio and respect the forum mods and members (Ekh) opinions and views regarding the progress and/or lack of it and suspect one of the mods will pull my plug sooner or later. I tried leaving the forum a couple of times, but Elio is like a drug. I may need help from EA Elioholics Anonymous.

I will buy an Elio at the Elio Store when the open for business light is on. I may give them some benefit of the doubt, but not a plug nickel until EM's forward looking statements fade away and they guarantee delivery.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why is he a troll? Because he's taken what he's seen so far and drawn a conclusion from it, or is it just because he's not pro-Elio?
A wise man once told me that it's the way the message is delivered and oft times not the message itself.
I quote from Everi... "The most basic logic here is it is a swindle that illustrates how easily individuals can be taken."

That was his wrap-up.

It sure should indicate to anyone half awake that his main motive for coming here was to incite angry reaction after insulting the majority of people that frequent this site. it's certainly not like his inflammatory delivery wasn't anything we haven't heard over and over again for years.
It gets old, and frankly, boring after a while. BTW, I personally hate the term "Troll."

But at least I know the genuine article when it does little more than stir the pot.

The best reaction to a true troll who's not just someone who is simply genuinely disillusioned, is not to respond with anger and rationale.
The best way to respond to such an individual is with a sense of humor, to enjoy stirring them up and to out troll the troll.
Or, in some cases, the best response is to simply ignore them so they don't get the fix they came for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom