• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whenever I encounter the possibility of Elio Motors being a scam or fraud or swindle, whether on FaceBook or ElioOwners.com or Reddit or even the breakroom at work full of naysayers, I find myself falling back on one simple debunking defense mechanism:

Elio Motors, the company, with accounts receivable and accounts payable, does not operate in a vacuum. Their business model relies heavily on contracting out preliminary protototyping, engineering, design, testing, validation, and certification processes. Plus like any automotive "like" manufacturer, they rely heavily on suppliers, who themselves are for-profit enterprises that do not work for free. While we are not privy to any contractual arrangements that involve contractors/suppliers and Elio Motors, it is unlikely that they are accepting IOU's or stock options or deferred reimbursements as forms of payment. They have raw material, time, labor, and overhead costs of their own that require liquid cash compensation for providing, or else they risk their own financial solvency.

So Elio, despite not having an original widget of its own, does generate revenue. Who or what do they then spend their incoming resources on? Aside from the publicly listed salaries of Paul Elio and the company directors - that have garnered criticism from some observers - all of Elio's partners expect to receive payment for services or goods rendered. IAV. Aisin. Linamar. Technosports Creative. Roush Enterprises. Continental. RedDot. The Onion. Oppenheimer. Any and all suppliers listed on Press Releases and/or the Elio Motors website.

While frustration, discontent, angst, and impatience with the delays in production are certainly understandable, if not justifiable, I strongly feel it is unfounded to state there is any sort of fraud, scam, or swindling taking place. If there were, then all-in reservationists with $1,000 at stake are a pittance compared to what Aisin bills for transmissions, or IAV for engine development and prototyping, or Linamar for engine sub-assembly line design and tooling, etc. Those players have much more than $1,000 in time and resources involved, and they're not walking away.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Whenever I encounter the possibility of Elio Motors being a scam or fraud or swindle, whether on FaceBook or ElioOwners.com or Reddit or even the breakroom at work full of naysayers, I find myself falling back on one simple debunking defense mechanism:

Elio Motors, the company, with accounts receivable and accounts payable, does not operate in a vacuum. Their business model relies heavily on contracting out preliminary protototyping, engineering, design, testing, validation, and certification processes. Plus like any automotive "like" manufacturer, they rely heavily on suppliers, who themselves are for-profit enterprises that do not work for free. While we are not privy to any contractual arrangements that involve contractors/suppliers and Elio Motors, it is unlikely that they are accepting IOU's or stock options or deferred reimbursements as forms of payment. They have raw material, time, labor, and overhead costs of their own that require liquid cash compensation for providing, or else they risk their own financial solvency.

So Elio, despite not having an original widget of its own, does generate revenue. Who or what do they then spend their incoming resources on? Aside from the publicly listed salaries of Paul Elio and the company directors - that have garnered criticism from some observers - all of Elio's partners expect to receive payment for services or goods rendered. IAV. Aisin. Linamar. Technosports Creative. Roush Enterprises. Continental. RedDot. The Onion. Oppenheimer. Any and all suppliers listed on Press Releases and/or the Elio Motors website.

While frustration, discontent, angst, and impatience with the delays in production are certainly understandable, if not justifiable, I strongly feel it is unfounded to state there is any sort of fraud, scam, or swindling taking place. If there were, then all-in reservationists with $1,000 at stake are a pittance compared to what Aisin bills for transmissions, or IAV for engine development and prototyping, or Linamar for engine sub-assembly line design and tooling, etc. Those players have much more than $1,000 in time and resources involved, and they're not walking away.
Raptor I applaud you; that has to be one of the most concise statement I have ever heard about Elio Motors or Paul Elio, Thank you.
I don't think I have ever "heard" anyone put it as clearly as you have. Excellent statement.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just saw where replying to Shreveport law makers Paul told them he was hoping for 4th quarter of 2017. Anyone feel free to correct me, please correct me. I was looking forward to a trip in it before that!
Yes, that is the line Mr. Elio said.
and I read in between the lines to mean; A pessimistic start date so you won't go ballistic, like if I gave you an optimistic start date and missed it by a little bit.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, that is the line Mr. Elio said.
and I read in between the lines to mean; A pessimistic start date so you won't go ballistic, like if I gave you an optimistic start date and missed it by a little bit.
Paul also noted that if there are future delays, it will be in weeks, not months.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thank you....VERY well "said" :)

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Yes very well said.
This is a startup. We here are all starting up with them. I consider my self vested and a member of the teem. When I get it I got it. Patience is built into my commitment. Etc.
MK

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes very well said.
This is a startup. We here are all starting up with them. I consider my self vested and a member of the teem. When I get it I got it. Patience is built into my commitment. Etc.
MK
I should start a new thread regarding one's patience. Like how many years are you willing to WAIT before losing it?? 1.2, perhaps 4 years???? I'll start- it's 2018 for me or patience's out the door!!! :D

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't Elio get an extension on the terms of the lease to Summer 2017 (at the factory)? If they don't expect to enter production until 4th quarter 2017, I guess that means they expect to be awarded another extension...?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I should start a new thread regarding one's patience. Like how many years are you willing to WAIT before losing it?? 1.2, perhaps 4 years???? I'll start- it's 2018 for me or patience's out the door!!! :D

I am willing to wait how ever long it takes. I am all in/Locked in at $1000. No sense in losing patience. I'll get it or I won't, Nothing I can do is going to get my money back or make production begin sooner. So I wait patiently to see the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom