• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read the Reuters article. "Consumers won't give you a free pass just because you put 'Made in USA' on the box," Keechle says. "You have to remain price competitive."

Then again, Chinese prefer the (more expensive) "Made in Germany" labeled BMWs, rather than the ones produced locally. Another example is Harley Davidson. Despite Japanese copycat twin-cylinder motorcycles, people are still prepared to pay a bonus for getting the "real thing". Branding and origin are not everything, but they can sure make a big difference. Elio still needs to bring out a decent three-wheeler, before it can even bother to think about branding.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Voyager's post is well within the relm of the the thread title.
And I was clarifying that post's inferred (and a widely held) assumption that all Harleys are made in the U.S..
Sure hope that's allowed boss. :D

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul needs to make a public announcement that if funding, whether government or private, doesn't happen here in the good old USA and soon, he is going to take his business either to Mexico, Vietnam, or China, where funding and government support is available. As along as a get my Elio, I don't care where it's made.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pl
Paul needs to make a public announcement that if funding, whether government or private, doesn't happen here in the good old USA and soon, he is going to take his business either to Mexico, Vietnam, or China, where funding and government support is available. As along as a get my Elio, I don't care where it's made.
I do,we need to start taking pride in America again! I hope that every component for the Elio that can be made in the USA, will be made in the USA. Just this old man's opinion! :car:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.eliomotors.com/features/
Please read the 4 must haves.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pl
I do,we need to start taking pride in America again! I hope that every component for the Elio that can be made in the USA, will be made in the USA. Just this old man's opinion! :car:
I agree wholeheartedly but it comes with a price. I've posted before cars, not 3wheelers made in asia that comes close to ELIO's projected price but again, that's asia where labor is so much cheaper than in the USA. I'm not saying anything else except I'll continue to wait and hope it can be done, that my 1K all-in helped a start up realize their dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom