• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would you be willing? I am sure that this has been covered but I would be willing to put HALF DOWN of my $7300.00 for a Elio if it would help with start up oF production! How about you????????????????
Not without some guarantee. If it would be placed in a escrow account, so that it would be returned to me if they go belly up. In that case I would pay the $7,000.00 up front.:D This just in, 1749 reservations left!!!

Last edited:

CHUCK G.

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not without some guarantee. If it would be placed in a escrow account, so that it would be returned to me if they go belly up. In that case I would pay the $7,000.00 up front.:D This just in, 1749 reservations left!!!
I agree with that. Escrow account with a guarantee, I would also pay $7,000.00 up front. I am in..............

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, me too. But there's a couple of problems with that logic.
#1. If the money is refundable and in escrow, it can't be used as anything but a further show of market acceptance.
No institution is going to lend EM matching money (65K x $3750 = $237M) because it still would be unsecured.
The reason they wouldn't is that since OUR funds would be guaranteed to come back to us from the escrow...
Guess who loses all that money if things don't go exactly the way they should? Yup, the lending institutions.
Including any DOE backed loans even if there was a wild chance the DOE would go for something like this.

You can't use money you can only touch if you're 100% successful until you ARE 100% successful.

#2. Even if #1 was not true, many reservation holders, as reflected in many of the posts here and elsewhere...
DO NOT have the cash. How many? No-one knows, but simply judging by normal human nature...
Since the Elio did not go into production at anytime in the last two years, I'd venture...
That much of that money was spent on other things. Life happens.

And, many reservation holders have already said they'll have to finance.

It's a moot point, but lastly, I think we'd be lucky to raise even a fraction of $237M by asking for half or even all of the purchase price.
Keep in mind that in the off chance that we did raise $237M, it's still short of the $300M EM says it will take to start production.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the vast majority of people that won't gamble any amount of money (I'm included in that group) Elio Motors should market a holiday gift card used for 'refundable' reservation deposits or an Options Gift Card for current reservation holders.

Even though I wouldn't consider a reservation deposit with no guarantee, I would appreciate one as a gift, particularly a refundable deposit in any amount.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick, that's one of the best ideas I've heard all year.
But you forgot to provide your P.O. Box number.
We don't know where to send them to.

Last edited:

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would you be willing? I am sure that this has been covered but I would be willing to put HALF DOWN of my $7300.00 for a Elio if it would help with start up oF production! How about you????????????????

I agree with that. Escrow account with a guarantee, I would also pay $7,000.00 up front. I am in..............
If I KNEW FOR SURE production would start, I'd send in the FULL amount !!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick, that's one of the best ideas I've heard all year.
But you forgot to provide your P.O. Box number.
We don't know where to send them to.
WOW! Multiple gift cards totaling $7300..........I'd be all-in! Send them via a PM right here on ElioOwners! :)

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't even made it to the $1000 All-In level yet. I keep finding bargains in numismatics that keep me on the edge of fiscal responsibility.

S-206 Obv.jpg
S-206 Rev.jpg

ps This ONE CENT would more than get me there.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
EM was asked early on by a number of people if they could pay for their Elio in full.
Paul turned them down; they will only accept the $1K as max payment for a deposit.
They may have given a reason, but I do not recall them doing so.

I have my full amount set aside in one of the safe's and it has been sitting there for 3 years, and that is where it will stay until my Elio is ready to be picked up. I have my reasons why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom