• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Was Your First Car?

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First car I invested in 1979 Oldsmobile Firenza (Chevy Monza). 2 door hatchback with the 3.8 V6 under the hood and all the Kenne Bell books I could ever want to slobber over included. My sister killed that car before I really got to enjoy it.

First car totally mine: 1981 VW Rabbit Diesel. With a manual choke, glow plugs that took forever. I drove that car hard. Diesel with some tall 5 speed gears and I made it go too :D. Each seat had a name, and my best friend got dibs on shotgun period :D.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First car driven? Opal stick.
First car purchased? 70 Buick LeSabre (455 4-barrel guzzler).
First new car purchased? X-body 80 Buick Skylark I got it in early 79 before most 80s were out.
Got married and traded in the Buick for a New Camero, then lost it in the divorce beginning my used/company car phase.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine was a '63 Chevy II Nova. It belonged to my babysitter when I lived in Southwest Denver (0 - 6 yrs). It got passed around to all of her kids and eventually became mine 10yrs after we moved up to Arvada, CO. I got flashbacks of standing in the back going down the road hanging onto the front bench seat. Got bounced around a few times when Aunt Sue [no relation, but that's what we all called her] had to hit the binders to avoid collisions. It never had seatbelts and had a metal dash that came to a point....somehow I survived. The pic is not mine, but nearly identical to the one I had. Man...if that car could talk!

63chevyII.jpg

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Pinto had a paint job that was a really nice looking chocolate brown. For as good as a Pinto can look, that paint made it look good. And for being 17, with little funds I wasn't arguing too much about what I got. It let me get around town, to and from a dead end job until I heading off to start my USAF career.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1974 VW Super Beetle. My parents didn't think it was safe (no vehicle was safe the way I drove back then), so one day dad shows up with a 79 V8 Firebird. Oh yeah. That was much safer. LOL. My first new car was an 86 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z. Flash red, t-tops, black leather interior. That's the one I miss the most. I know the 80s Dodges have a bad reputation, but I abused that car, and it never broke.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1987 Mustang LX hatchback with T-tops and the 2.3L four cylinder. She was slow but took all the beatings I could give her as a teen and never failed me. A mediocre ride at best, but good for a first car. I miss a lot of the cars I have had since but not that one, LOL.

Top Bottom