• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Will Be The Primary Use For Your Elio?

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio will be replacing my commuter car, about 20k miles a year. I will keep the Civic for the few days a month that I need to carry both kids. I estimate the Civic have little market $ value when the Elio will be ready for production as it will have around 200k miles on it by then, but will be useful to me to keep around just in case.

I figure a fully loaded Elio will save me $1100 a year on fuel compared to the Civic (66 vs 33 mpg average) and about $10k purchase price because I was set on getting a lightly used loaded mid size sedan before I found out about the Elio.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My Elio will be my commuter - 90 miles round trip or about 25,000 miles a year. I'm hoping that my Honda Ridgeline will last until my Elio arrives, and it will then be my all-purpose vehicle (love that thing - but too expensive and too much gas for a commuter). Over 200,000 miles already on the Ridgeline, so my fingers are crossed - please, EM, no more delays...:confused:

Eliometer

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Elio will be the only vehicle for us, so I'll be using it for work, errands, traveling, and carting my handsome husband's rear end around until one day soon, I teach him to drive. Then he'll get his own if he likes it enough. If the Elio fails to please me in New England ice and snow, I will reevaluate my plan whilst taking the bus in Jan/Feb.

fpelsdca

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have a Nissan Leaf for my wife's daily commute and all local driving (300 miles per week average). Our ICE get about 27 city/32 trips on freeway. The Elio will be our new longer distance Freeway driving vehicle.

Our two week vacation a month ago was a cross country drive in a rental that got us 36 mpg in the more than 5,000 mile drive. With the Elio we can do more of these at 84 mpg. The only problem will be to not take so much "STUFF" with us.

NOLIKEIT

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be using the Elio as my daily driver/road tripper unless space is required then I have my truck or fit.

Commuting to my home brewing shop five days a week, and maybe occasional playtime in the North Georgia and North Carolina mountains.
Where from? I grew up in Dalton GA. I miss the scenery so much.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the times I don't want to ride my motorcycle but don't need the truck. It will be used as a commuter and shop car. As with my motorcycle, I doubt that I will ever carry a passenger so if the wife is coming along I'd resort back to the truck or her car. Besides, the wife couldn't fit all her fiber arts in the back with her so she would require that I take a bigger vehicle.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will be my primary commuter to and from work and basic daily errands like grocery getting. For trips to the hardware store, I will use the wife's Outback.

If/when my Elio arrives, I will drive it for 6 months and if it is dead reliable, then I will sell my existing car to offset about half the Elio's cost.

Also, I will use its long range for cool trips out of town and out of state.

Top Bottom