• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Will Be The Primary Use For Your Elio?

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Work commuter, but will be taking on road trips. The Mercury Cougar owners group holds an annual Cougarfest which few people bring cougar's to anymore, just a bunch of old friends sitting in a parking lot drinking for three nights in July.

There's also a road trip I've always wanted to take. Cross Michigan, take the SS Badger across to Wisconsin, pick up I-94, then drive that till it dead ends in Billings Montana, then take I-90 to the coast, drive down the Pacific coast using HW 101 and 1, detour to death valley then go back to the coast, then take I-8 and I-10 east toward Florida, detour down to Key West, then back up I-95 Atlantic coast to Maine, cross into Canada and head west back to Windsor Ontario and the head north into Detroit and back home.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Work commuter, but will be taking on road trips. The Mercury Cougar owners group holds an annual Cougarfest which few people bring cougar's to anymore, just a bunch of old friends sitting in a parking lot drinking for three nights in July.

There's also a road trip I've always wanted to take. Cross Michigan, take the SS Badger across to Wisconsin, pick up I-94, then drive that till it dead ends in Billings Montana, then take I-90 to the coast, drive down the Pacific coast using HW 101 and 1, detour to death valley then go back to the coast, then take I-8 and I-10 east toward Florida, detour down to Key West, then back up I-95 Atlantic coast to Maine, cross into Canada and head west back to Windsor Ontario and the head north into Detroit and back home.
WOW! Awesome plans. :-) Z

Stiffler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I hear that! Lol

I'm using mine to drive to and from work (~50 miles per day round-trip) and then road trips by myself. I've wanted to see New Orleans, maybe go to Texas, who knows.
I work roughly 25 mins from home and this will save a ton over my Dodge Ram 1500. I've considered taking this thing up to chicago. Bet the Elio will make it on one full tank! :)

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I work roughly 25 mins from home and this will save a ton over my Dodge Ram 1500. I've considered taking this thing up to chicago. Bet the Elio will make it on one full tank! :)

I hear ya. My Wrangler gets 17-19 mpg so it will save me a ton too. Chicago is another one I had forgotten about, also Gatlinburg, Bowling Green, the Carolina's... it really opens up road trip options.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio will replace my Subaru Forester for all but heavy hauling, like my monster lawn mower to the shop. I'll use the Elio for all local running around (and there's lots of it, as I sing in 2-3 different choruses, none near my home). Trips with the wife -- her hybrid camry. Trips by myself -- the Elio, assuming it doesn't beat the crap out of you on long drives.(TBD)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Luckily even if the stock ride is not so great for long distance touring it should not be very hard or expensive to upgrade the suspension to something nicer. :)

from what I've read a substantial segment of the market for Elio is made up of us older folks .... not speaking for anyone else, I know what 67 years has done to my back and for me a comfortable ride (either OEM or aftermarket) is a deal breaker

Jim

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Luckily even if the stock ride is not so great for long distance touring it should not be very hard or expensive to upgrade the suspension to something nicer. :)
I would hope they put a lot of effort into making this long range cruiser as smooth as glass a ride as posable. As it doesn't have to fulfill any other requirements except to glide over the road mile after economical mile. It should be at least as smooth a ride as my Honda CRZ which is billed as a sport eco car. And has been badmouthed as being rough riding on the road. Seems pretty smooth to me.
MK

Top Bottom