• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Will Be The Primary Use For Your Elio?

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just curious. Since the Elio is primarily made for commuting to work or running errands what is the primary use for you getting this vehicle? I'm retired so my primary usage will be for play. Something to tinker with and cruise around visiting family members without using a lot of gas. Maybe even a budget tent camper for long trips.

BeerBrewer

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm just curious. Since the Elio is primarily made for commuting to work or running errands what is the primary use for you getting this vehicle? I'm retired so my primary usage will be for play. Something to tinker with and cruise around visiting family members without using a lot of gas. Maybe even a budget tent camper for long trips.

Commuting to my home brewing shop five days a week, and maybe occasional playtime in the North Georgia and North Carolina mountains.

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score

That is exactly what mine will be for...FUN

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I plan to retire my 1992 Toyota pickup as my commute vehicle with the Elio

Hi mcg, I had a 1991 Toyota 2-wheel drive pickup! I believe the truck had 140,000 miles on it when I traded it in, back in 2002. I believe you could park it these days in the bed of a Tundra. :)

Is your truck still going strong? 4-wheel drive?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
For me and my future wife, she will drive it during the summer to work, while I drive the motorcycle. We live in a small town, so the commute is very short. In the winter, I'll drive the Elio and she'll drive the Tahoe SUV. For trips, my guess is that we'll use the Tahoe mostly. Might be fun to see if we could do an overnight trip with the two of us, and fit our stuff into a bag that will fit in the trunk.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

My primary use fits in with the Elio Mission Statements. Commuting to Work and running errands and will save me appx $960/yr doing it. It will be an and car.

Top Bottom