• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Would You Like To See Added Or Changed To The Site?

Jeff Bowlsby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
#1 Curious about what the difference is between the two tabs at the top of each page "What's New" and "New Posts"? They both seem to function identical, taking one to a "New Posts" page. Why do we need both tabs of they do the same thing? And also, the tabs and page is titled either "New Posts" or "Recent Posts" depending on wither one is logged on or not. Why the difference?

#2 Thread titles formats do not allow for certain capitalization like DIY...why is that? Looks like capitalizing the first letter of each word is the default title format that cannot be modified by the poster. DIY comes out as Diy. Can this default formatting be changed?

Last edited:

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If you could add a feature or change something about this site, what would it be? I'm always looking for suggestions on how to improve on how we do things here.

Thanks!

When you embed a URL behind text, it's only noticeable if you happen to hover over the text. This applies to Chrome, I.E. and Opera in my brief tests. Why no colored links? Thanks.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the third time in about the last two weeks, I have to re-log onto the site, if I "like" a post, or click anything else on here? I have to do it over and over, every time I click on anything! Tonight I had to do it to post!
Is anyone else having this problem? The answers will help me decide if I need to check deeper into my computer, or if it's a website issue?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the third time in about the last two weeks, I have to re-log onto the site, if I "like" a post, or click anything else on here? I have to do it over and over, every time I click on anything! Tonight I had to do it to post!
Is anyone else having this problem? The answers will help me decide if I need to check deeper into my computer, or if it's a website issue?

You might want to make sure you have the latest version of whatever browser you are using.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just want to thank you Steve for this great forum. Been on a lot of forums and this is one of the most feature rich forums I've visited. All kind of ways to keep up with whats going on with the Elio. Since last May (I think) when I first logged on the site has picked up a lot of traffic. Can't read everthing anymore. (That's a good thing). A lot of good information and most of the time civil banter. Thank you again.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We've picked up a number of 'gripers', people who just like to vent, and IMHO don't really have a positive reason to do so.

So searching for ideas, I found this on a wiki about forums..( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum ) It's very to the point...
Forums prefer a premise of open and free discussion and often adopt de facto standards. Most common topics on forums include questions, comparisons, polls of opinion as well as debates. It is not uncommon for nonsense or unsocial behavior to sprout as people lose temper, especially if the topic is controversial. Poor understanding of differences in values of the participants is a common problem on forums. Because replies to a topic are often worded aimed at someone's point of view, discussion will usually go slightly off into several directions as people question each other's validity, sources and so on. Circular discussion and ambiguity in replies can extend for several tens of posts of a thread eventually ending when everyone gives up or attention spans waver and a more interesting subject takes over. It is not uncommon for debate to end in ad hominem attacks

Wouldn't it be nice to set your own limits? I would love to not have to work to mentally filter out sources that are chronically a waist of my time. And I would like to not have them see my content either. But on the other hand I don't want to make that decision for others. Keep the right for them to speak, but remove the right for them to speak to me. This is technology, we could do that!

Anyway, the Wiki has this definition below, couldn't we have something like it? Actually two diverse options to ignore or foe?
An ignore list allows members to hide posts of other members that they do not want to see or have a problem with. In most implementations, they are referred to as a foe list or ignore list. Usually the posts are not hidden, but minimized with only a small bar indicating a post from the user on the ignore list is there.

I would best consider an ignore as 'squishing' the dubious members posts (and quoted text ) as stated above, and a foe as doing much more. Such as minimized with no restore link and no associated name, and doing the same for my content for them, again no exposure of my account. It's just fair, if I suppress theirs, they shouldn't have to see mine. Just for limiting the overhead, there would be a limit to ignore and foe lists, say maybe 25 on each 'black-list'?

For the person who is 'black listed', ?privately? on their member account page, they should be shown the count of how many have them listed.

Honestly, I've seen more than a couple of forums disintegrate as collateral damage while various foe's slug it out tenaciously.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And you know, if 50% of the membership has someone marked as a foe, that's a definite candidate for exile.
(edited) I concede the point to CompTrex below. The man of reason and humanity. :-)

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Was going to say if you are on 25 people's list(s) maybe your IP should be banned.

Okay now don't everyone go and put me on your list. :p:D:eek:
How about this compromise.. ( slightly not serious, slightly am serious ) If more than 20% of the membership (or some threshold) has you 'black listed' your content is automatically squished, with a link that says 'PG13: Open only if willing to take the risk'.

Top Bottom