• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Would You Like To See Added Or Changed To The Site?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ban, ban, ban. You folks sound more and more like Liberals and ISIS everyday.
THE TITLE OF THIS FORUM IS " elioowners.com". That should stand for free speech on all sides of the Elio.
Start with no one is an Elio Owner and everyone who post to this site should be able to take whatever side they want
on the Elio. This is not a private club where only YES people are allowed. If it is I suggest you change the title and charge a fee
to join.
lol, yes you have a point. But anyway, I don't see any harm in filtering my own view. Liberals and ISIS? Obtuse talk indeed. :-)

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ban, ban, ban. You folks sound more and more like Liberals and ISIS everyday.
THE TITLE OF THIS FORUM IS " elioowners.com". That should stand for free speech on all sides of the Elio.
Start with no one is an Elio Owner and everyone who post to this site should be able to take whatever side they want
on the Elio. This is not a private club where only YES people are allowed. If it is I suggest you change the title and charge a fee
to join.
I believe the reference to ISIS is way overblown. Any country or organization has to have rules of behavior and boundaries to survive. If they do not control their borders, there is a strong chance they will not survive. The U.S.A. has prospered for many reasons, but some of the major reasons are the freedom of speech, of religion, of association, the right to own and control property, and the right to bear arms.

With freedom comes responsibility. With great power comes great responsibility. It is often a difficult balancing act.

ISIS kills based on belief. That is far different than shunning, shaming, debate, exclusion or banning. In our own country, we see groups whose goal in life is to disrupt and destroy our way of life, and who use our freedoms against us. At some point, hard decisions have to be made to survive.

As a private forum, the owners/admins/mods can make whatever decisions they want. In the free marketplace of ideas, those decisions will prove successful or not. Elio is seeing the results of their choices being played out in the market. This forum is, and will, see the results of their own choices play out in such the same manner.

Most of us Trolls would be better off banned. We can't help reservationists get their lost money back, and it is an impossible task to warn off all the unwary and gullible.

I assume that I will be banned shortly. Hopefully you will follow better leaders in the future.

mag44

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
For those that don't know everyone and everything is owned or controlled by someone in one way or another.
But when a group limits comments to only their view then it becomes a form or communism or Islam .
Some on here want to ban anyone who says something negative toward Elio. Just for the record Elio hasn't showed me they walk on water yet.
When they do you can bet your bottom dollar I won't say anything negative.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it communism for a meat shop owner to toss a PETA protester out of his business?

If the Elio is built, this site could well be a lucrative business for the owner, but if the site is trashed by haters before it gets off the ground, it's a wasted investment. Okuma Steve and his crew need to do what they believe is necessary to protect that.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it communism for a meat shop owner to toss a PETA protester out of his business?

If the Elio is built, this site could well be a lucrative business for the owner, but if the site is trashed by haters before it gets off the ground, it's a wasted investment. Okuma Steve and his crew need to do what they believe is necessary to protect that.
Is it communism (not sure that the use is on point) for a carnivore wearing leather and chewing on another species (hamburger for example) to be tossed out of PETA offices?- lol
Seems from recent court decisions if the business is open to the public, it's open to all

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the reference to ISIS is way overblown. Any country or organization has to have rules of behavior and boundaries to survive. If they do not control their borders, there is a strong chance they will not survive. The U.S.A. has prospered for many reasons, but some of the major reasons are the freedom of speech, of religion, of association, the right to own and control property, and the right to bear arms.

With freedom comes responsibility. With great power comes great responsibility. It is often a difficult balancing act.

ISIS kills based on belief. That is far different than shunning, shaming, debate, exclusion or banning. In our own country, we see groups whose goal in life is to disrupt and destroy our way of life, and who use our freedoms against us. At some point, hard decisions have to be made to survive.

As a private forum, the owners/admins/mods can make whatever decisions they want. In the free marketplace of ideas, those decisions will prove successful or not. Elio is seeing the results of their choices being played out in the market. This forum is, and will, see the results of their own choices play out in such the same manner.

Most of us Trolls would be better off banned. We can't help reservationists get their lost money back, and it is an impossible task to warn off all the unwary and gullible.

I assume that I will be banned shortly. Hopefully you will follow better leaders in the future.

All of your other nonsense aside, your comments toward the end are offensive.
Your next to last sentence
................" We can't help reservationists get their lost money back, and it is an impossible task to warn off all the unwary and gullible."...........
is insulting because it implies all "reservationists" are "unwary and gullible" and that only by listening to you can people be who haven't already been suckered be saved from EM.
What makes you think that people with disposable income who elect to go all in are "unwary and gullible"?
Is there some kind of back story that you are concealing that would put the lie to your seemingly altruistic motives?
Please share with us your motivation for being so angry at EM.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All of your other nonsense aside, your comments toward the end are offensive.
Your next to last sentence
................" We can't help reservationists get their lost money back, and it is an impossible task to warn off all the unwary and gullible."...........
is insulting because it implies all "reservationists" are "unwary and gullible" and that only by listening to you can people be who haven't already been suckered be saved from EM.
What makes you think that people with disposable income who elect to go all in are "unwary and gullible"?
Is there some kind of back story that you are concealing that would put the lie to your seemingly altruistic motives?
Please share with us your motivation for being so angry at EM.
don't feed 'em they're never full

Top Bottom