• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Would You Like To See Added Or Changed To The Site?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ban, ban, ban. You folks sound more and more like Liberals and ISIS everyday.
THE TITLE OF THIS FORUM IS " elioowners.com". That should stand for free speech on all sides of the Elio.
Start with no one is an Elio Owner and everyone who post to this site should be able to take whatever side they want
on the Elio. This is not a private club where only YES people are allowed. If it is I suggest you change the title and charge a fee
to join.

I agree for the most part. I don't mind some negative talk as long as they are constructive. I can understand that some are discouraged and may have doubts. But crap like the below post is out of line. Posts like that are made solely for the purpose to raise the ire of some and discourage the progress of Elio.

.....Most of us Trolls would be better off banned. We can't help reservationists get their lost money back, and it is an impossible task to warn off all the unwary and gullible.

I assume that I will be banned shortly. Hopefully you will follow better leaders in the future.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree for the most part. I don't mind some negative talk as long as they are constructive. I can understand that some are discouraged and may have doubts. But crap like the below post is out of line. Posts like that are made solely for the purpose to raise the ire of some and discourage the progress of Elio.
Although I haven't always prevailed," reporting" is reviewed in a timely fashion, before it can get out of hand

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for having the wisdom, oh wise moderator, for putting the little "unwatch thread " icon at the top of the page so I can avoid getting alerts every time some renegade goes off the reservation. Enough is enough (click)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for having the wisdom, oh wise moderator, for putting the little "unwatch thread " icon at the top of the page so I can avoid getting alerts every time some renegade goes off the reservation. Enough is enough (click)
the easiest way, I've found is to click on the culprits icon, and you'll be directed to the little bio, and on that "page" there is an ignore choice, after my thread shows a message of___ who I've chosen to ignore , then it offers the opportunity to read the post if you chose. It's worked great for me I never see the post in the thread (but I do know somethings up, when I read others responses). Life's (for me) too short to sweat this stuff, but there are others who enjoy.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the easiest way, I've found is to click on the culprits icon, and you'll be directed to the little bio, and on that "page" there is an ignore choice, after my thread shows a message of___ who I've chosen to ignore , then it offers the opportunity to read the post if you chose. It's worked great for me I never see the post in the thread (but I do know somethings up, when I read others responses). Life's (for me) too short to sweat this stuff, but there are others who enjoy.

I tried that, but then I felt out of the loop. Besides, how does the old saying go? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. lol

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The 'unwatch thread' is a good tool. It's a bit blunt as a tool.
'Hide this guy' and unhide, (for just my self). That would work just fine. Still open for the public, less distracting to my serenity.
Such things would slow the attrition rate, people leaving the forum. Even our nay-sayers would stay around longer I'll guess.

The other side of the coin, our own behavior. We ( including me ) seem to think that the last guy talking is the one who wins. And that silence is agreement. We should probably over come that. And also just let obtrusive sources make their point. When they see they'r the last to speak, again erroneously, they think they've made their goal. Then often they just quit.

( can I stick to that corrected behavior 100%? nope, so I want the hide button )

I notice I'm like that, I think I've gotten somewhere. But in fact that's not always the case.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found the Ignore Member option on my profile page. Ammmm. works good.!! I'll be much happier and more pleasant from now on!
And you can turn it off and on at will for anyone that gives you a nervous twitch. I like it.

Top Bottom