• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Whatever Happened To The Iav Elio Spec Engine...

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can only guess, could be they had more than one option and didn't want to burn any bridges before they actually started into production.
There's a number of reasons why they did not announce that it was (insert company name here). For example, it could be:
1. The supplier did not want to be named until the contract was signed
2. There is more than one supplier
This happens all of the time. So it's no big deal. It would be if Paul was pulling a stunt like Elon did but right now Paul has not done that. So we just wait.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul has a Linkedin account. Email and ask him. Plus Elio Motors has an email. Ask them too and then post the answer.

Thanks for your suggestions...but both would be a waste of time...

FYI...I sent Elio Motors four very courteous emails in the last 30 days... I never received a reply to any of them.

Additionally...if you would research the current status of Paul Elio’s Linkedin account you would know that it’s outdated...and the correspondence feature has been turned off...

But...if you have any luck contacting Paul Elio...please start a thread regarding those conversations with Paul...

Last edited:

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I vaguely remember some rather large debt, maybe over $ 500K to $ 800K being negotiated down to somewhere just over $ 50K. I am broadly guesstimating these numbers, and can’t remember to what company it was owed. This was maybe about 2 to 3 years ago by now....

It seemed to be right around the time that ‘leaked’ video of the Elio engine running on a test fixture that was probably meant to further entice us, but provided no performance details.

Anyone remember this? And who it was?

Last edited:

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I vaguely remember some rather large debt, maybe over $ 500K to $ 800K being negotiated down to somewhere just over $ 50K. I am broadly guesstimating these numbers, and can’t remember to what company it was owed. This was maybe about 2 to 3 years ago by now....

Anyone remember this? And who it was?

I think you’re correct...

But...I’m not so sure the previous SEC documents specified which companies accepted the lower negotiated payment settlements...

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions...but both would be a waste of time...

FYI...I sent Elio Motors four very courteous emails in the last 30 days... I never received a reply to any of them.

Additionally...if you would research the current status of Paul Elio’s Linkedin account you would know that it’s outdated...and the correspondence feature has been turned off...

But...if you have any luck contacting Paul Elio...please start a thread regarding those conversations with Paul...

Can you post those emails you sent Elio Motors. It would be good to see what you sent.

Then you admit you will not contact Paul Elio via Linkedin but want someone else to do it. I can understand that but I'm not SIL #1065 like you are and put down $1K. I was a stockholder that made a pretty good amount of money off of it. Thus I'm not the one that needs to be contacting him. You do as you are the one that is invested in the company.

As you can see, complaining here is going nowhere. Your posts could easily be forwarded to the Elio Motors email and Pauls' Linkedin page at the same time. This is not like in the 70s where we were sending out letters in the mail.

Then you have the other Paul (Ash) that you can work with to force Elio Motors to do something yet you refuse. I do not understand. You gave the company $1K and they have done nothing for you. you will never get an answer unless you force it out of them and this is the perfect time to do it. Unless you do, then it's just complaining to the choir and that results in nothing. The ball is in your court, what are you going to do? Throw it back or hold onto it and complain?

Top Bottom