• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Whats The Lug Pattern

2.ooohhh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I measured really roughly on P4 at the Nashville event and narrowed it down to either 4x100 or 4x108.

13977116944_6841a9c82b_z.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
mahle_wheel.jpg
I'm rooting for 4 x 130! I've got 3 (4th out of the set is bent) Porsche Mahle rims that weigh almost nothing...kind of freaky light when you pick them up.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind the Elio will likely use narrow, low rolling resistance (LRR) tires as part of the formula to achieve the target mileage. That likely means a smallish bolt pattern (4x100) and narrow rims. Unless your racing rims are 5 to 6 inches wide, they probably won't fit. Using anything other than LRR tires will mean a significant hit to MPG.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just because you have the bolt pattern is correct doesn't mean a wheel will work on the Elio. Width and offset is also major concerns. Being engineered for mileage rather than performance the rim would have to be very narrow (probably only 4 to 5.5 inches or less) to mate with the very narrow tires. The other concern is offset. Front wheel drive cars usually have a lot of positive offset meaning the mounting surface is far outboard of the wheel centerline. Whatever you do it all has to fit inside the wheelpants in front and end up with the tire in the center in the rear.

Top Bottom