• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Up?

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am as eager to get an Elio as anyone, but the constant pushing back start of production is to say the least off putting. The last I heard they needed 150 Mil. to get started, also the last I knew from last Aug. they had 50 Mil. What are they doing besides taking reservation money to raise what they need? Don't hate me but I need to know a realistic answer for when I might see one of these in my driveway.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am as eager to get an Elio as anyone, but the constant pushing back start of production is to say the least off putting. The last I heard they needed 150 Mil. to get started, also the last I knew from last Aug. they had 50 Mil. What are they doing besides taking reservation money to raise what they need? Don't hate me but I need to know a realistic answer for when I might see one of these in my driveway.
Latest work is "first quarter of 2015" That really hasn't changed for a while now.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We still need to know how close we (they) are to having the money to pull the trigger. Don't you agree?
This has been a long standing issue that was raised over and over again coming from us future owners and yet EM remained silent instead of explaining their position in this sensitive subject. Are these different design changes of ELIOs from P1 to P4 (P5 is coming soon) are EM motor's means of buying more time while maintaining the excitement and the hype because they have not find an investor yet? If it does, it sure is working for a lot of people here! Big automakers who's got the financial backing goes from concept car and then to the actual production car! Of course there's the design idea, clay models, wind tunnel testing, etc. etc. but all these happens within the confine of their factory. Of course I'll be lying if I don't admit that it'll hurt if I lose my non refundable 1K if this EM venture does not happen due to little interest from investors but it'll hurt more and will sure piss me off if I'm being played on! But that's just me thinking out loud. ;)

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has been a long standing issue that was raised over and over again coming from us future owners and yet EM remained silent instead of explaining their position in this sensitive subject. Are these different design changes of ELIOs from P1 to P4 (P5 is coming soon) are EM motor's means of buying more time while maintaining the excitement and the hype because they have not find an investor yet? If it does, it sure is working for a lot of people here! Big automakers who's got the financial backing goes from concept car and then to the actual production car! Of course there's the design idea, clay models, wind tunnel testing, etc. etc. but all these happens within the confine of their factory. Of course I'll be lying if I don't admit that it'll hurt if I lose my non refundable 1K if this EM venture does not happen due to little interest from investors but it'll hurt more and will sure piss me off if I'm being played on! But that's just me thinking out loud. ;)
No disrespect to the Elio team but there have been too many similar opportunities on the net that have folded up and blew away leaving the investors high and dry. Once again I don't at this point say Elio will do this but some reassurance would be nice.

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Another thing: How much do ANY vehicle manufacturers have to go through to get "Government Safety Approved" or whatever the term is?
You know - crash testing, lighting, braking/ABS, airbag, handling, emissions, etc. tests...

I'm sure this takes quite a bit of time, and absolutely would have to be done BEFORE production starts.
Elio has to give them some test vehicles to start the process.

So any insiders in that industry would have a better idea than the rest of us if/when this is actually happening...

ElioFrank

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
As I understand it, no crash testing needed because it doesn't have 4 wheels. I think they would like to have a 5 star rating but that is not a government issue.

I think they are supposed to build 10 prototypes this summer, not sure about the number. If that happens, I think we can all get excited :)

Top Bottom