• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Production Number? - Share You Number With Everyone On This Thread!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Paul and others at EM have stated that they will start out at 70% of capacity (about 350 units per day) and ramp up to 100% over the course of 90 days. The second shift will be added later. They weren't sure if that would be before or after the initial 90 day period.
Sounds reasonable. My quote that you replied to was in reply to something RonnieB had stated: "Having worked in the automotive world for 20 years I would expect them to average about 100 cars a day for the first 4 weeks (2000 cars) as they train the workers on one shift."

It was just a talking point to production numbers he had brought up.
This subject has been covered a few times in the last couple of years.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And wait...there is no way on God's green earth that Elio will use workers who need (100 per day x 20 work days a month= 2,000) 2,000 training events to learn a job that takes less than a minute to perform. Seriously... took me two vehicles max to learn each position. Well, a few more for the cross-body harness station but that was because GM used a mind numbing 27 different versions of it. Elio will use one.
I understand the training would be the easy part of the equation. My concern is getting the supply chain front loaded to make sure all the pieces are in place and ready to rock from the beginning. Elio has hired personnel to take care of this, and I believe this is where that pesky ATVM loan could help out, the sooner the better. Let's get these vendors taken care of!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Reservation 71200, an initial $500 buy in and bumped it another $500 before the 50% match expired.
Haven't received my SIL, but did get 2 shirts and stickers!
When did you do your bump to $1K? If it was after July 29th You didn't get the 50%, it was only 25% on the bump up amount, and the next SIL's will be sent out around the end of September.

The 50% Bonus ended at the end of March.

So first info needed is: When did you bump to $1K?
<Having details always helps> :thumb:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reservation 71200, an initial $500 buy in and bumped it another $500 before the 50% match expired.
Haven't received my SIL, but did get 2 shirts and stickers!
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Great people here with lots of experience and knowledge, Enjoy the journey and the wait with us

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just playing with Silas Sunday's Guestimator app myself!

My job is not flexible with paid time off, and I have to bid all of my requested 2017 leave in Fall 2016 as we go through multiple rounds of seniority-based bidding until available slots have been exhausted. So I was just contemplating what span of two consecutive weeks to shoot for.

Looks like the first 16,000 SIL holders stand a strong chance of receiving their Elio's by 12/31/2017 as long as factory production commences before Labor Day 2017. If all accounts suggest Q2-Q3 2017 start for production at this point, it appears the future looks bright <yellow> after all.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Umm Wiz ... Sept. 2nd is in the second half of the year; 2nd quarter is Apr - June, 3rd quarter is July - Sept, 4th quarter Oct - Dec.

DUH....you're correct again Coss.,woohoo I'll be getting it before Christmas :D:D

He did say second HALF of the year ... I was just hoping before Labor Day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom