• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What's Your Production Number? - Share You Number With Everyone On This Thread!

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had to Google that one. I had no idea a Pontiac Acadian existed. You learn something everyday!
Mine came with the 194 inline 6. I took it out and put in a 300 HP 327 from my 64 Impala. That little Acadian was a scary car. Fast, in a straight line, but it was a handful. I eventually took that engine out and put the 6 back and sold it. That was my car when I was 16. I had the 64 Impala and a 56 Chev pickup at the same time. Wish I had all of them back.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

Absolutely correct. This is why eye witnesses are so unreliable. Memories are constructed in the same way. I learned to read bible stories on my father's lap. About a year later, I learned the alphabet in the first grade. You can learn to read words first.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine came with the 194 inline 6. I took it out and put in a 300 HP 327 from my 64 Impala. That little Acadian was a scary car. Fast, in a straight line, but it was a handful. I eventually took that engine out and put the 6 back and sold it. That was my car when I was 16. I had the 64 Impala and a 56 Chev pickup at the same time. Wish I had all of them back.

If that '56 Chevy pick-up was a step side, you had two of my "bucket list" Chevy's to own some day! A friend of mine [still in contact with each other] had a '63 Impala at the same time I had my '63 Chevy II. He wrecked his jacking with the radio when he should have been watching the traffic. Ended up pulling his engine and dropped it into my Nova [both 194ci]....Ah! the good old days of vehicle parts interchangeability!!

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I almost hate to tell you about the truck. It hurts when I say I sold it still. It was a stepside, short wheelbase, but it came with the first small block v8 265 ci and a 4 speed automatic. They were both factory options. I had the trans out twice trying to get it to work, but it never did work right. I sold it for $375 in 1974.

Top Bottom