• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Wheel Fenders, Fairings, Skirts, Covers

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes1.jpg

I like this: :)

Last edited:

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So do I Kuda, Visually it is far superior to the original; but I have to question the integrity of the fenders structure, now that a section has been removed. This isn't steel we are talking about here, it is a composite. Vehicles of the 30's with this type of fender structure used internal bracing to hold the outside out and they were made of far heavier steel than anything used in todays vehicle construction. Do I know the answer? NO! But I suspect it is asking for problems like front partial collapse and transverse vibration and flop with a little speed.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The car looks wimp enough just being orange, without all that.
I was thinking about making fake eye-lashes for the headlights and around the front air opening make a big set of pink lips, and on the back have a sticker that reads "Junk in the trunk". :D
The car looks wimp enough just being orange, without all that.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So do I Kuda, Visually it is far superior to the original; but I have to question the integrity of the fenders structure, now that a section has been removed. This isn't steel we are talking about here, it is a composite. Vehicles of the 30's with this type of fender structure used internal bracing to hold the outside out and they were made of far heavier steel than anything used in todays vehicle construction. Do I know the answer? NO! But I suspect it is asking for problems like front partial collapse and transverse vibration and flop with a little speed.

Sounds like an Engineering challenge, for sure but that's half the fun........ :)

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Any idea who makes that wheel? :)

drbob

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The more I think about the front fenders on the Elio the more problems I can see with the design. The biggest problem I can see is structural cracking from the road vibrations. These fenders are un sprung and will suffer from every bump and ripple in the roadway.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The more I think about the front fenders on the Elio the more problems I can see with the design. The biggest problem I can see is structural cracking from the road vibrations. These fenders are un sprung and will suffer from every bump and ripple in the roadway.
No doubt, they're going to receive maximum effect from every ripple, bump and pothole. I couldn't judge their weight (which will certainly make a difference), but I can tell you that having touched and gently 'nudged' them, they seem to be structurally substantial.

Top Bottom