• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Do You Think The Elio Will Hit The Streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I share my ignorance, although I've seen wrap referenced, I have not a clue. Is it stick-on pieces? thanks

Took a little while to find you a nice video.
I really would have rather found you a nice yellow but at least this is a color we're used to.
This may give you the idea.

Hope this is helpful.

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Loudly, .005% of the population does NOT speak LOUDLY to me :rolleyes:

Possibly because you're hard of hearing?? ;)

Other than ads on websites, there's no true promoting of the product, yet. The product isn't mass produced yet, nor until recently has it hit high visibility markets. People who're willing to invest in the potential of being one of the very first to own such a marvel now sits at over Fourty Thousand, all without big marketing. That's impressive in my book!
I can't help but notice the Elio team is more active than ever before, and in multiple areas! Redefining Federal level definitions for an autocycle is brilliant and forward looking! By the time they're done with things, the Elio can and will be sold and driven in every State of the Union, as well as the untapped over seas markets.
In the end, it is still my choice to spend, or bet, my money in any fashion I desire. If (when) I win that bet, I'll have a shiney new Elio for my very own.:D

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And this is after years of marketing.....not like 40k ppl popped up in the last month
Pretty weak marketing (even by Elio standards) until January 2013 when they stared taking reservations, the bulk of the 40,000 signing since last summer. Elio has done no marketing, that's why 40k is impressive.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps EM will have tapped the market with 50,000 + Elio's by the time they get to production. Sales will have peaked and begin to decline in 2017.
I have never been able to figure out where this ridiculous rumor comes from. China holds somewhere between 6-8% of our debt, with Japan holding approximately the same amount. Not only would they not "own" us - it would hardly phase us. How exactly is China going to demand payment?

On the other hand, China's GDP began to slip during the recession. Why? Because they're entirely export dependent (with pretty lackluster per capita incomes) - and we're their biggest buyer. They're not going to tell their biggest buyer to screw off. The fact of the matter is that China is far more dependent on foreign markets than the US is, and the recession is a fantastic anecdotal example of it.

Let say, theoretically, that China decides to commit economic suicide and decline all exports to the US this evening. Tomorrow afternoon, you would have investors scowering southeast Asia and Africa to move operations. They're not gonna twiddle their thumbs, say aww shucks and give up.
image.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Pretty weak marketing (even by Elio standards) until January 2013 when they stared taking reservations, the bulk of the 40,000 signing since last summer. Elio has done no marketing, that's why 40k is impressive.
Elio started their marketing campaign back in 2008 to test the market for their concept. Chip Stempeck, Marketing Director,since that time, would argue the statement that Elio has done no marketing. Perhaps it's internet marketing and or social media marketing, and the Elio tours, but the internet and word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool. 40K is impressive because their is no product, only a dream to market.

Chip somehow marketed the hell out of us and got some reservation funding too. lol..........not. lol

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio started their marketing campaign back in 2008 to test the market for their concept. Chip Stempeck, Marketing Director,since that time, would argue the statement that Elio has done no marketing. Perhaps it's internet marketing and or social media marketing, and the Elio tours, but the internet and word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool. 40K is impressive because their is no product, only a dream to market.

Chip somehow marketed the hell out of us and got some reservation funding too. lol..........not. lol
Yup I've watched recordings of Chip Stempeck, he has a very nice way of talking about Elio but was he on board in 2008? I'd call what Elio does marketing in the same way the Big Apple does marketing.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup I've watched recordings of Chip Stempeck, he has a very nice way of talking about Elio but was he on board in 2008? I'd call what Elio does marketing in the same way the Big Apple does marketing.
Chip was a ground floor opportunity guy. I had many email conversations with Chip back in 2008-09. I'm not sure there was an Elio Board back then, more like 2 guys with an idea.

Steve Sparks

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am needing them to get it going the cars I am driving both have over 130,000 miles on them are tired and need replacing sooner the later. I don't know how much longer I can hold out for this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom