• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will Production Begin?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Has anyone heard anything sort of definite, or not, about when the Elio will/might be available? It sounds as if Spring might be the target and not the first of the year.

Hi John, welcome to the forum! That question "when will the Elio be available" has several different flavors to it. Production is on track to start Sept 2015. The folks with a reservation will get their car during the first year of production.

Might there be delays between now and Sept 2015? Yep. Might there be fleet vehicles produced during the first year, such that it might take less than a year to fulfull all reservations? Yes.

When will the Elio stores be up and running, and be able to take an order for a car? It's possible that Sept 2016 is that target, but no one knows for sure.

Is anything definite? No. Things are quiet for now, in terms of announcements. There are no definite end dates or target dates for: engine construction is complete ... the next prototype is done, or even if another prototype is being created. What would replace a prototype is some number of pre-production vehicles, and we have no target date for that.

The big recent news was the announcement of selling equipment that Elio Motors has decided to not use. This equipment is in the plant in Shreveport that EM is leasing.

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My current car is really starting to nickel-and-dime me. My income can't support a new car payment and the thought of buying yet another used car is so tedious. The Elio will very likely be an "only" car for the hubby and me, so yes, I'm eagerly anticipating the start of production and hoping my Hyundai can make it until then without a large repair.
Same here, my Jeep is 19 yrs old, and even for a Jeep, it's pushing it's lifespan. I will be getting another car before Sept '15. but it will will really be a hit to my budget.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything sort of definite, or not, about when the Elio will/might be available? It sounds as if Spring might be the target and not the first of the year.
John, welcome to the forum, repository of information on the Elio. I hope you take some time to review the threads that most appeal to you. There are tons if information. If you have a question be sure to ask because someone will try to answer it for you. Enjoy the journey.

Top Bottom