• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will Production Begin?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Most think waiting until Sept. to Nov. will tell if Elio will start production in 2015.
The real date is the month of July. If no hiring is announced in July then there will be another delay.
So 6 months will be D-Day for Elio.

We have been discussing this in some other threads and I do believe you are correct that things have to happen by July or else the chances of making it into production this year really drop dramatically. I would say the second quarter April-May-June is the most important quarter to watch as by the end of the second quarter EM needs to have completed the initial engine testing, begun working on the test vehicle builds, and secure funding for the plant.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would say the second quarter April-May-June is the most important quarter to watch as by the end of the second quarter EM needs to have completed the initial engine testing, begun working on the test vehicle builds, and secure funding for the plant.

agree .... those thing are all necessary and the first two are readily observable

Edward

Elio Addict
Reaction score
agree .... those thing are all necessary and the first two are readily observable
With a private company, engine testing and prototype assembly are no more observable than they want them to be. The AVTM loan, being government funding is probably the most visible of all of them. Now, I've never looked to closely at the terms, but I can imagine that the goverment has protected that information from freedom of information requests.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like it's official, another production delay to 2016. The reason cited in the article a funding shortfall. I doubt that the delay comes as a surprise to many. I am surprised by the reason.

http://www.ksla.com/story/27863047/elio-motors-announces-delay-production-expected-to-start-in-2016
surprize.png

Top Bottom