• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will They Go In To Production?

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know it's been a long haul for some, including me, but I've been amazed at how many reservation holders have thrown up their hands, and taken up the woe is me it will never happen way.
I prefer to not give up till Paul tells me to. I reserved a second Elio in Jan. and received my T shirt yesterday.
I am with you Man! May be the D-backs will adopt this attitude! :p

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It has been a long wait for the Elio, almost 3 years for me. The Elio should have been manufactured as a low volume higher cost vehicle first, then scaled up. I did believe that Elio had a deeper capital stock to draw from, considering the planned production volume.
I guess my $1000 is gone...
Not yet. Also, scaling up is pretty difficult if you start out making them by hand. Also, most of the time consumed during the initial phases of production is in tooling and dies. Think about it... If you could stamp out one body panel (after building the mold, buying the thing, getting a place to do it, designing the part and the mold...), how much longer does it take to just stamp out two? Three? If it takes Paul more time to get this done, it REALLY doesn't hurt anything except our feelings... Sure, we'd all like our Elios yesterday but if getting it right takes a little more time, so be it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know it's been a long haul for some, including me, but I've been amazed at how many reservation holders have thrown up their hands, and taken up the woe is me it will never happen way.
I prefer to not give up till Paul tells me to. I reserved a second Elio in Jan. and received my T shirt yesterday.
Johnny Acree, I am curious if your 2nd Elio reservation was refundable or all-in?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think the change from tube frame and composite panels to uni body is taking longer than they thought it would.
Yes the supplier can build a body, but how is it going to crash?
The devil is in the details, and that takes time.

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am here for the duration. There has never been an affordable vehicle like the Elio. Every refinement should make the production vehicle even better. I started saving for the Elio when I went All-in. If it takes another year I will not need any financing. Good things come to those that wait.

I agree, I too am here for the duration.

That said, I have just been forced to make a purchase - as my ride, has died. :rip:

I was hoping it would last until the E was ready. No such luck.

-sterling

Reactions: Ekh

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I am also all in for the Elio, but it has been three years since my reservation, with little information on a manufacturing date. I think the gamble to find investment is over. I hope I am wrong, but with no real information from Elio, the doubts get stronger.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Little to no info from EM. Why is that bad? No info is no info. If you are worried, where did that come from? Reading post from other worried folks? Its your choice how you want to feel, as for me I choose to not worrie. What will be, will be, and me worrying about it won't change anything.

Elio has a payroll and no (from what I can tell) income. People won't work for free (not very long anyway). So that is the root of my fear.

Top Bottom