• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Will They Go In To Production?

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio has a payroll and no (from what I can tell) income. People won't work for free (not very long anyway). So that is the root of my fear.
I been thinking about this fact, and in some rare cases people will indeed work for free. Volunteer firefighters come to my mind. They basically work for free and even risk there own life. They do so, due to some hope to become paid firefighters and some (IMHO) like the thrill of the excitement and some to help other people.

I wonder if a model couldn't be constructed where companies can hire people for nothing (like VFD do) and pay them when a profit exist. This would save Elio a fortune in labor, but would still cost them a bundle in machines and supplies. So still no free ride.

Bamdalam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I been thinking about this fact, and in some rare cases people will indeed work for free. Volunteer firefighters come to my mind. They basically work for free and even risk there own life. They do so, due to some hope to become paid firefighters and some (IMHO) like the thrill of the excitement and some to help other people.

I wonder if a model couldn't be constructed where companies can hire people for nothing (like VFD do) and pay them when a profit exist. This would save Elio a fortune in labor, but would still cost them a bundle in machines and supplies. So still no free ride.
Careful BaldGuy. A few years ago, our so called "volunteer fire dept." wanted to charge for their services. The article in the link is not quite correct. Your fee is based on the square footage of your house. Our comunity was in an uproar over this. they bought brand new fire trucks, and then wanted us to pay a ridiculous amount of fees on top of taxes! Someting close to $10.00 per sq. ft. Actually, If I had a fire, I would request that they not respond and have them arrested for trespassing if at all possible.

https://www.firerescue1.com/fire-de...idents-in-uproar-over-fee-based-fire-service/

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Another problem with this is our litigious society. I remember reading, I think it was in the fashion industry, where there were unpaid interns that worked to get into the biz. Then they turned around and sued their employers for back-wages and for treating them like slaves. They knew what they were getting into, but they found a cash cow that they could suck-off of. If I remember correctly, the inters won the suit.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio has a payroll and no (from what I can tell) income. People won't work for free (not very long anyway). So that is the root of my fear.
With each person earning $250,000/yr., ($20,833.33/mo.), if you have three people earning that much money, how long would $100,000 last? Less than three months. I'm pretty sure the people getting "paid" by Elio will be doing so retroactively.

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With each person earning $250,000/yr., ($20,833.33/mo.), if you have three people earning that much money, how long would $100,000 last? Less than three months. I'm pretty sure the people getting "paid" by Elio will be doing so retroactively.

I'm thinking they got paid up front...

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"But the reaction to the Elio, a vehicle that doesn’t exist, tops all."
A negative article, except for the point that people are interested in Elio.
We really really need a TARP. (Troubled Asset Relief Program)
https://theweeklydriver.com/2017/04/weekly-driver-newsletter-volume-1-1/
Kind of neat to see a flash-back article. Well, I hate when they use over-the-top phrases like "...raised the price of their NON EXISTENT vehicle..."
Hmm... In 2015, Ford announced the price of it's NON EXISTENT Ford GT and it's $450,000. That's a lot for a car that does not exist at the time!

Top Bottom