• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Are The Jack Points?

NorCalPhil

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious if anybody has looked for the jack points? I would assume a standard 2-post lift like the one pictured would handle it fine. IF all goes well, and the Elio is produced, I should get mine shortly after moving into a new home where I plan on installing one of these types of lifts.
MTP-9F-2-500.png

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, though. Looking at the animated crash GIFs, there are frame rails running down either side. I expect the jacking points are right in front of the door and right in front of the rear wheel. This not being a unit-body vehicle, there are no pinch-welds to worry about. I imagine it will be pretty tolerant about exactly where you lift it, keeping usual safety precautions about center-of-gravity in mind.

unnamed.jpg

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just guessing. But I'd bet money that they'll know "exactly" where the CG of an Elio is, and weld on some kind of mount or pad, and have graphic instructions in the owner's manual with disclaimers to protect them from morons... But somebody will still try to sue them because the thing fell when they were jacking it up on an 8% grade. :tsk:

Uh...umm...yeah. There "should be" clear instructions or at least data on the CG soon, possibly on the first E-model since it's looking like it's NOT going to be one of the crash test dumbies.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Curious if anybody has looked for the jack points? I would assume a standard 2-post lift like the one pictured would handle it fine. IF all goes well, and the Elio is produced, I should get mine shortly after moving into a new home where I plan on installing one of these types of lifts.
MTP-9F-2-500.png
You're having a house built?
Or is it a already built that you're buying it?
Would be nice to have a shop with a 16' ceiling.
I rented a house once that the garage was the first floor, the house was the second floor; the garage had 18' ceilings, and a high lift door; one problem with the place was grocery days were a work out; there was no elevator. If I would have bought the place an elevator would have been one of the first things I would have put in. One like this Vacuum Lifts

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about the points to place a jack to change a tire?

My Porsche 912 and 914 have one jack point on each side and the jack will lift both wheels, on that side, off the ground. The elio is lighter but that cannot happen, because that would leave only one wheel on the ground which would be unstable. I assume they will have three jack points, one for each of the three wheels. Which side will the rear wheel jack point be on, or will the rear wheel cowling have to be remove to access that jack point.

I hope they have not forgotten about the jack points. If you think big obvious oversights don't happen in big projects, just check out military projects!

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What about the points to place a jack to change a tire?

My Porsche 912 and 914 have one jack point on each side and the jack will lift both wheels, on that side, off the ground. The elio is lighter but that cannot happen, because that would leave only one wheel on the ground which would be unstable. I assume they will have three jack points, one for each of the three wheels. Which side will the rear wheel jack point be on, or will the rear wheel cowling have to be remove to access that jack point.

I hope they have not forgotten about the jack points. If you think big obvious oversights don't happen in big projects, just check out military projects!

Since its a tubular frame the whole car is a jacking point

Top Bottom