• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I gotta admit.... I started as a 5 and went in with my $100 about a month ago with the idea to upgrade as I saw milestones met. But just within the past month that's dropped to 3 or maybe a 2 mostly due to the press release about that gawd awful interior and talk of all the other options. I'll believe that a basic car can be done for dirt cheap using off the shelf parts and such, but the moment they start talking whiz-bang dashboards and such they raise HUGE red flags in my book. Either they're losing their vision or they've recognized that it's not going to happen and are just milking it for all the salary it's worth before they pull the plug. Either of those is No Bueno.
First things first...drop that rifle down before you hurt yourself! Give it 'till June if that promised testing is going to happen.

ImElioEstevez

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was a 8 I went halfway in on 2/5/2014 I went to Daytona Beach 3/12 and I sat in the P4 I will go in for the other half next month. Saw the prototype engine on a stand it looks like quite a nice design and with a 4 quart crankcase it should have a long life. The P4 is a real cool looking piece of machinery I myself go for white instead of green because I live in sunny Florida. I hope it can be licensed as a motorcycle for the low insurance rate. I currently pay $70 for motorcycle insurance ($3 off from last year for no accidents or tickets)

I lOVED the P3 headlights and hope they have an option to go with those, they look so much cooler, almost makes the vehicle look like a scorpion or something.

ImElioEstevez

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I just visited the site and don't feel that the person that wrote that article has taken the time to educate themselves about Elio. He/ she has far less factual evidence that Elio will fail than Elio has to support their success. Elio's only problem is that they are too transparent. We have all been allowed to participate in something revolutionary that is still early in a process that no auto/ motorcycle company ever cares to involve their customers with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Far less factual evidence? How about absolutely NO factual evidence lol. But it does have some bothering similarities and I honestly hate that I even allowed myself to be swayed but I dont have that kind of money to play with. If they really make it oh my god Im in love already, and thats what I want to avoid basing my decision on, a love affair or infatuation with just the idea of the vehicle. If that makes any sense because I am in no way bashing this machine.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Far less factual evidence? How about absolutely NO factual evidence lol. But it does have some bothering similarities and I honestly hate that I even allowed myself to be swayed but I dont have that kind of money to play with. If they really make it oh my god Im in love already, and thats what I want to avoid basing my decision on, a love affair or infatuation with just the idea of the vehicle. If that makes any sense because I am in no way bashing this machine.
ImElioEstevez, I fell in love with the Elio when my son showed it to me in January. At first I was going to reserve at the $100 refundable level. However, the more I read the more I knew that I finally have a chance at a new car that is fun to drive and cute. I am 72 y/o and I am taking that chance so on 3/1 I reserved at the $100 non-refundable level. As soon as I can save up the additional $400 I am going to increase that to $500. I love that car and the fact that Paul Elio is determined to keep and meet his 4 goals of $6800, 84mpg, 5 Star safety rating, and made in this country keeps that love strong. I want a fun car that I can afford to drive while I am still young enough to enjoy it. I also like the fact that I am not going to have to go through the usual show room/salesman garbage the auto industry puts women through. Everyone has to make their own decision but don't let the fact you love the car be the one to stop you. Go Elio! :-) Z

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lots of speculation with a poor attempt to compare it to a start up company from over thirty five years ago. Elio was started by an engineer that has a clear vision and tremendous support from industry executives, politicians, fellow engineers, suppliers and consumers. The Dale was also an engineers vision, but that's where the similarities stop; oh, and it had three wheels. It was other wised dismissed by anyone associated with the transportation industry and had no support from suppliers. A woman (even that is debatable) was the charismatic face of the company. She also had a past with prior criminal experience. Not present here either. Nice try, but a bit of a stretch. I am a pessimist and look for every reason something could fail and there are many with Elio. Most of which have no resemblance to Dale. Paul Elio is not trying to extort money from investors or consumers. I am "all in" at $100, once production is more likely I will drop the other $900.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lots of speculation with a poor attempt to compare it to a start up company from over thirty five years ago. Elio was started by an engineer that has a clear vision and tremendous support from industry executives, politicians, fellow engineers, suppliers and consumers. The Dale was also an engineers vision, but that's where the similarities stop; oh, and it had three wheels. It was other wised dismissed by anyone associated with the transportation industry and had no support from suppliers. A woman (even that is debatable) was the charismatic face of the company. She also had a past with prior criminal experience. Not present here either. Nice try, but a bit of a stretch. I am a pessimist and look for every reason something could fail and there are many with Elio. Most of which have no resemblance to Dale. Paul Elio is not trying to extort money from investors or consumers. I am "all in" at $100, once production is more likely I will drop the other $900.

Red flags are plenty w/c causes hesitations from people wanting to go all in and we can't blame them for comparing past failures with EM because it's only the consumer side that's talking. EM on the other hand and I know they're monitoring these comments, are giving us all these nice Elio features without giving us what's important to build our confidence that this company can deliver what was promised- why not answer these nagging questions 1) who do they hope to lend them the necessary funding?, 2) if they do have a potential investor, how close are they from closing the deal?, etc. That's all we need, really. Some assurances otherwise it'll be wise to place "Paul Elio and his group" as a possible "FLIGHT RISK"...........just in case! :D

Last edited:

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry EM. I meant that as a joke! Again, I'm all in for 1K and definitely wants you to succeed. The potential are enormous but constant delays are like any kind of loans....if you don't pay it on time...late payment are assessed!;)

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Red flags are plenty w/c causes hesitations from people wanted to go all in and we can't blame them for comparing past failures with EM because it's only the consumer side that's talking. EM on the other hand and I know they're monitoring these comments, are giving us all these nice Elio features without giving us what's important to build our confidence that this company can deliver what was promised- why not answer these nagging questions 1) who do they hope to lend them the necessary funding?, 2) if they do have a potential investor, how close are they from closing the deal?, etc. That's all we need, really. Some assurances otherwise it'll be wise to place "Paul Elio and his group" as a possible "FLIGHT RISK"...........just in case! :D
I think the real problem is that we live in a world where we expect instant results and the Elio machine is moving slower than our thoughts can comprehend. June is when we will probably get more of the info that you want. Investors demand results! My speculation is that there are multiple large investors waiting to see if the Elio team meets their stated "must haves". The only way they can prove it is to have the actual real prototype to test, so we must wait for the real engine and drivetrain. Then they can produce a near complete prototype (P5). Once that is done then we will be waiting again because the testing takes time. They have to test and verify mileage and test and verify crash test outcomes. And..........if the results are not satisfactory, then there will be more tweaks and changes to get them closer (possible P6) and more waiting. All of the funding is contingent on results. No results, no funding. The investors are also cautious, like many of us. The thing that I like about Elio as a company is that they seem to give information once they feel that they can deliver on that promise. No false hope, just facts to the best of there knowledge. Odd it sounds like this company was founded by someone who thinks like an engineer.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the real problem is that we live in a world where we expect instant results and the Elio machine is moving slower than our thoughts can comprehend. June is when we will probably get more of the info that you want. Investors demand results! My speculation is that there are multiple large investors waiting to see if the Elio team meets their stated "must haves". The only way they can prove it is to have the actual real prototype to test, so we must wait for the real engine and drivetrain. Then they can produce a near complete prototype (P5). Once that is done then we will be waiting again because the testing takes time. They have to test and verify mileage and test and verify crash test outcomes. And..........if the results are not satisfactory, then there will be more tweaks and changes to get them closer (possible P6) and more waiting. All of the funding is contingent on results. No results, no funding. The investors are also cautious, like many of us. The thing that I like about Elio as a company is that they seem to give information once they feel that they can deliver on that promise. No false hope, just facts to the best of there knowledge. Odd it sounds like this company was founded by someone who thinks like an engineer.
If this project were being done by any ordinary auto or mc company we would know nothing about what is going on. Can you imagine how much angst that would save you? But participating in the process, even from this distance, is part of the fun. I was frustrated when the E M Blog used March Madness as a departure/excuse for not discussing more important things. But I still feel we are being included in the process even though vicariously. True they are not going to change the colors but there is every possibility that the color receiving the most votes will be an option. How cool is that.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You nailed the important key words! No results, no funding. Ahhh, what is 3 months, right? :cool:

Top Bottom