• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You nailed the important key words! No results, no funding. Ahhh, what is 3 months, right? :cool:
Yeah, unfortunately I am very impatient and the wait is killing me. I can't go a single day without some interaction regarding Elio. I have a feeling I'm going to end up in EA, Elio's Anonymous. Yeah, 3 months! My hands are shaking and I'm beginning to sweat, but I don't have a problem. I can stop at any time.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I am very impatient and the wait is killing me. I can't go a single day without some interaction regarding Elio. I have a feeling I'm going to end up in EA, Elio's Anonymous. Yeah, 3 months! My hands are shaking and I'm beginning to sweat, but I don't have a problem. I can stop at any time.
Settle down man! EM at facebook commented that the factory is "coming along and we'll have a lot of inside looks of it! Stay tuned!" I think I'll call that positive news! ;)

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although I have put a deposit down on an Elio, I will have to confess I've been looking at other options. I can get a new Ford Fiesta se hatchback with the 3 cylinder Ecoboost and a stick with heated seats for less than 18 grand. Yeah it's more money that the Elio but being able to carry 4 passengers and have the versatility of a hatchback is appealing. Also I won't have any issue titling or insuring it as I worry about. I'll give the Elio some more time though, we'll see what the future holds

Devilstower

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm currently leasing a Volt. I love the darn thing. There's a plug-in available at my office, so right now I'm topping off the electricity at each end of the journey and rarely touching gas (though I have made a couple of 500+ mile trips, pushing my overall mileage down to 104). It's been a very nice vehicle, and the gadget level is neat. However, the lease on the Volt runs out in September, and while the deal they made gave me a very low lease price, the buy-out price is out of my range. So sometime in the fall, I'm going to need new wheels.

It's clear that the Elio isn't going to make it (never really expected it to roll that soon, really). I'm thinking I may see about extending the lease for a year in hopes the Elio will make it to my driveway by then. If that can't happen, I'll be looking in the cheap end of the motorpool.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm currently leasing a Volt. I love the darn thing. There's a plug-in available at my office, so right now I'm topping off the electricity at each end of the journey and rarely touching gas (though I have made a couple of 500+ mile trips, pushing my overall mileage down to 104). It's been a very nice vehicle, and the gadget level is neat. However, the lease on the Volt runs out in September, and while the deal they made gave me a very low lease price, the buy-out price is out of my range. So sometime in the fall, I'm going to need new wheels.

It's clear that the Elio isn't going to make it (never really expected it to roll that soon, really). I'm thinking I may see about extending the lease for a year in hopes the Elio will make it to my driveway by then. If that can't happen, I'll be looking in the cheap end of the motorpool.

"It's clear that the Elio isn't going to make it" o_O

Did you mean overall or just the roll out?

Last edited:

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Although I have put a deposit down on an Elio, I will have to confess I've been looking at other options. I can get a new Ford Fiesta se hatchback with the 3 cylinder Ecoboost and a stick with heated seats for less than 18 grand. Yeah it's more money that the Elio but being able to carry 4 passengers and have the versatility of a hatchback is appealing. Also I won't have any issue titling or insuring it as I worry about. I'll give the Elio some more time though, we'll see what the future holds
'Can't go wrong with that car. A little on the expensive side but you've got the 4th wheel! I'm buying the Elio because of it's uniqueness and it's low price. The 4 musts if EM can achieve it are just topping on the cake but even if they don't...who cares I'll buy it anyway!;)

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm more confident now than when I went all in. It's based just on a feeling more than anything. I can't give any good reason other than the reaction of just about everyone who sees it and I have faith in the Elio Motors team, they seem to know what they are doing. The product is just so logical it easily sells itself. I'm thinking Paul Elio might be the next Bill Gates. :D

Top Bottom