• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to say that video did inspire confidence! Having the suppliers on his side Paul should have a better chance of attracting investors and a couple suppliers wanted the car as well.. Thanks for posting that!

Ray
Most of these suppliers have been backing him for a couple years. A few have backed him sense 2008.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If Elio was only introducing the concept to the public, and not taking deposits on the vehicle (yes, I call them deposits), I might have a different outlook. However, they take deposits and keep delaying, so I do have my doubts.

To put it into perspective; would you pay a home contractor for a remodeling job and then accept years of delays?

I all makes me wonder if maybe they are underfunded and can't afford to build the production capabilities to produce and distribute on such a massive scale, or if they are without talented management who can make it happen at a reasonable pace. Both make me worry. Companies with innovations don't delay, because if they do, they will lose precious market share.

This concept seems ripe for one of the major car companies to swoop in, design their own vehicle (bet they are already doing that), use their own plant and equipment and manufacturing expertise to build it, market it at a profit equal to their econo-boxes, and sell it in their already established dealerships.

Elio has put this concept out there for everyone to see, and they are doing all the legwork of getting helmet laws changed. It seems like they are just making it ripe to be copied by others. If that happens, then their business plan might fall apart and they might not be able to sell enough units to survive. Elio has proven there is a desire and a market for the vehicles.

Hey KScarguy,

I understand the skepticism, but a lot if us out here want to be in on the ground floor for a very exciting project. Americans have always been for the underdog, and with this Elio, a lot of us see the next Henry Ford. How many out there wish they would have bought into something years ago, and just didn't have enough faith or money to do it. I'm at a place in my life where I've given my kids more than 1K to watch them do something unwise with it, and have nothing to show for it. At least I have a t-shirt and bumper sticker! LOL

Are there going to be nay-sayers? Sure; but Americans know nothing ventured, nothing gained. Go Elio!

Daniel Venzke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I wanted to reserve since Jan. 2013. Watched the 'chatter' for months while waiting to have the funds to go all in. That finally happened in Nov. 2013. I am totally optimistic that I'll be driving my Elio next year, so consider me a 10.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to reserve since Jan. 2013. Watched the 'chatter' for months while waiting to have the funds to go all in. That finally happened in Nov. 2013. I am totally optimistic that I'll be driving my Elio next year, so consider me a 10.
Thank you Daniel, you give me hope. A couple of people on here have given scores above 10 and I have to say if I have to stick with 10 I am definitely a 10. However, what I really feel is a 15! I consider myself an Elio owner even though I only "own" $100 of it. I may be reserving mine one step at a time but I am getting my Elio! :-) Z

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey KScarguy,

I understand the skepticism, but a lot if us out here want to be in on the ground floor for a very exciting project. Americans have always been for the underdog, and with this Elio, a lot of us see the next Henry Ford. How many out there wish they would have bought into something years ago, and just didn't have enough faith or money to do it. I'm at a place in my life where I've given my kids more than 1K to watch them do something unwise with it, and have nothing to show for it. At least I have a t-shirt and bumper sticker! LOL

Are there going to be nay-sayers? Sure; but Americans know nothing ventured, nothing gained. Go Elio!
A little Henry Ford and a lot VW because most people can afford one.

Ray

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to admit that my 'expectations' have DROPPED a couple of points, since Elio Motors stated that they plan to make "18 to 26 prototypes" BEFORE production (in their recent 'Tech Talk'). Just trying to make sense out of Elio Motor's STATEMENTS; " 18 to 26 prototypes" before production...... with their 'claims' of a 1st Qtr 2015 Production date...... do YOU believe them? Its been 10 WEEKS since the release of P4 #1..... and no P4 #2 yet (or ANY information on its progress). It also seemed to take 'a couple of months' to hand-build P4 #1 (according to their BLOG status reports). The numbers of prototypes, time to hand-build each one, and the Proposed PRODUCTION date...... just don't seem to 'add up'..... by my calculations, production would be 3 1/2 to 5 YEARS away!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to admit that my 'expectations' have DROPPED a couple of points, since Elio Motors stated that they plan to make "18 to 26 prototypes" BEFORE production (in their recent 'Tech Talk'). Just trying to make sense out of Elio Motor's STATEMENTS; " 18 to 26 prototypes" before production...... with their 'claims' of a 1st Qtr 2015 Production date...... do YOU believe them? Its been 10 WEEKS since the release of P4 #1..... and no P4 #2 yet (or ANY information on its progress). It also seemed to take 'a couple of months' to hand-build P4 #1 (according to their BLOG status reports). The numbers of prototypes, time to hand-build each one, and the Proposed PRODUCTION date...... just don't seem to 'add up'..... by my calculations, production would be 3 1/2 to 5 YEARS away!
The pre-production p5 models will presumably be built with setting up the production line in Shreveport in mind. Doing the crash testing
& tweaking the system before full factory startup................my understanding is the engines are ready...... :)

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The pre-production p5 models will presumably be built with setting up the production line in Shreveport in mind. Doing the crash testing
& tweaking the system before full factory startup................my understanding is the engines are ready...... :)
They have said that they will not be hiring people people until about 90 days prior to PRODUCTION, and 're-tooling' the factory and starting it for 'prototypes' (with the possibility of having to 're-tool' for the actual Production vehicles, after crash testing) does not seem cost effective. They have also said prior, that the Prototypes would be made in Michigan...... the Plant is in Louisiana.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where did you hear the engines are ready? First time I have heard anything other than they had a mock up,,

Ray

Top Bottom