• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

KScarguy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is it a scam?...1/10 I really don't think so. They have talked to vendors, and are working to get laws changed, etc. I think Paul Elio has a dream and he wants to see it happen.
Are they short of Money?...5/10 I think they are probably underfunded, so they do "quirky" things like get free publicity from news crews and show up at film festivals and put on showings in public parks. TV and auto shows are costly, Facebook is free. They seem strangely "frugal" and that raises eyebrows and questions.
Do they have enough business savvy?...4/10 Elio is a consulting design firm, but manufacturing a vehicle is far different. Architects can design houses, but how many can put up the shingles or mortar the bricks. It's a pretty steep learning curve, and that may be why it keeps getting delayed.
Are they good Salesmen?...10/10 They are really good at their three pronged sales tactic: 'This is the best thing since sliced bread, with great mpg and a low cost plus comfort and safety (value). Get it now and we'll give you a free t-shirt (freebies). But if you don't put your money down now, you will have to wait and wait and wait (fear)...' Wow, they are good at that...!

Overall, I still give it a 4/10 chance of being produced.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind delays to make it right, but delays in getting a mule on the road & testing is worrisome.............Jo Borras complete waste of time reading anything he writes.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Good news everyone...tonight my fortune cookie said "Be willing to admit you may be wrong, you are only human". I guess I can change my rating to 6/10. Unfortunately, the Chinese food was terrible.

Keep it up. I like the contrasting view points on here. Would be boring if everyone was at 10/10 with $1K all in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those cars were gulf carts. No one on the lower end can aford or want an electric car. I want to spend less for gas, not more for my electric bill.
That link was about Elio and CR not Tesla.. Tesla is no golf cart that's for sure!

Top Bottom