• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My "number" bumped UP a 'notch'. YES; really great to get some news from Elio Motors, and 'the Man' himself! Difficult to tell if they "ARE on schedule", when no 'milestones' are posted, and the production date keeps 'slipping'; but we will see WHEN the IAV Engine gets assembled (and running), AND the 25 "E" Series vehicles get BUILT & TESTED, the DESIGN is "finalized", and some'activity' actually begins at the Shreveport Plant. Also the 'Options Website' will be a great 'time filler'....... WHEN and IF it comes 'on line'! Lots of great TALK, now waiting for the ACTION!
I guess the NEXT, Town Hall Meeting (in about 90 days)...... should provide the PROOF!

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I jumped all in early this year at probably an 8 or 9 and I guess I'm still at an 8 or 9. I understand the enormous amount of work involved in something like this (well not really, but I get the idea), the amount of technical work involved, scheduling and planning must be simply overwhelming. Add to that the political environment and Paul Elio is quite simply attempting to roll a boulder uphill single handedly. This venture is a huge risk, but nothing revolutionary ever happened without taking a risk. the Wright Brothers...Apple...Apollo...take your pick. I applaud Paul for his vision. I met him personally and believe in his vision. If he fails it will not be because he didn't have vision or heart. It will because our system has become so corrupt that new ideas can no longer flourish in America. If that turns out to be the case then we all have a lot more to worry about than losing our Elio's.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I jumped all in early this year at probably an 8 or 9 and I guess I'm still at an 8 or 9. I understand the enormous amount of work involved in something like this (well not really, but I get the idea), the amount of technical work involved, scheduling and planning must be simply overwhelming. Add to that the political environment and Paul Elio is quite simply attempting to roll a boulder uphill single handedly. This venture is a huge risk, but nothing revolutionary ever happened without taking a risk. the Wright Brothers...Apple...Apollo...take your pick. I applaud Paul for his vision. I met him personally and believe in his vision. If he fails it will not be because he didn't have vision or heart. It will because our system has become so corrupt that new ideas can no longer flourish in America. If that turns out to be the case then we all have a lot more to worry about than losing our Elio's.

Well said! Weather we get the Elio or not, we have a lot more to worry about. My 2 cents ;)

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree that it is disappointing that EM will not likely officially support trailer towing for at least the first year, if ever, however I expect aftermarket suppliers to fill this gap quickly. Motorcycle manufacturers do not generally officially support towing either yet the aftermarket provides hitches and wiring kits for most motorcycles out there.
Before they make something, will the take the six months EM said it would take to make sure it's safe?

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the ELIO:
Are you still DROOLING?
Are you DECIDING?
Are you CHEERFUL (in all the way)?
Or are you (like me) STEAMING MAD because you keep putting it off?
deciding.jpg

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm cheerful, at a #9 ranking, and still very optimistic. I went $100 ALL In on 6/26. I am anxiously waiting any additional news on the engine and tranny getting machined, assembled, and tested. The postings from some members about the Louisiana plant have been very encouraging.
Go get em EM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom