• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
about a month ago I first heard of the Elio concept and was intrigued .... based in no small part by having worked for 30+ years in NC's prison system where I worked with a steady stream of con men and women, my concerns quickly turned to suspecting a scam .... after joining here and exchanging thoughts with so many enthusiastic folks my degree of confidence rose to a high point of 8 or so .... hearing today about the production delay to September 2015 has lowered that confidence to the 5'ish range .... we will not be in a position to purchase for another year so at this point it really doesn't matter .... from a purely $$$$ view, even if we were in the market to buy ASAP, I don't have sufficient confidence to put any nonrefundable money down .... I do agree with those who feel confidence will grow rapidly if/when a production model rolls off of the line

Jim

Last edited:

goldwing06

Elio Addict
Reaction score
about a month ago I first heard of the Elio concept and was intrigued .... based in no small part by having worked for 30+ years in NC's prison system where I worked with a steady stream of con men and women, my concerns quickly turned to suspecting a scam .... after joining here and exchanging thoughts with so many enthusiastic folks my degree of confidence rose to a high point of 8 or so .... hearing today about the production delay to September 2015 has lowered that confidence to the 5'ish range .... we will not be in a position to purchase for another year so at this point it really doesn't matter .... from a purely $$$$ view, even if we were in the market to buy ASAP, I don't have sufficient confidence to put any nonrefundable money down .... I do agree with those who feel confidence will go if/when a production model rolls off of the line

Jim
whether u play the lottery or put a nr deposit on a t shirt, either one is taking a chance, BUT! i do have the shirt.

Yogi Leigh

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I reserved an Elio on August 23, 2014.
I'm still in the honeymoon stage, and have dreams about driving my ride (just like a teenager).
I can't wait to shine it up, and drive around in this crazy little car. Ooo lala!

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm cheerful, at a #9 ranking, and still very optimistic. I went $100 ALL In on 6/26. I am anxiously waiting any additional news on the engine and tranny getting machined, assembled, and tested. The postings from some members about the Louisiana plant have been very encouraging.
Go get em EM!
I very cheerful and will be even more so when I get my number. I'm not sure but I think the last time I check I was at a 20 out of 10. Sorry, 10 simply is not high enough for me. That is how convinced I am I will be driving my Elio late next year. :-) Z

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
about a month ago I first heard of the Elio concept and was intrigued .... based in no small part by having worked for 30+ years in NC's prison system where I worked with a steady stream of con men and women, my concerns quickly turned to suspecting a scam .... after joining here and exchanging thoughts with so many enthusiastic folks my degree of confidence rose to a high point of 8 or so .... hearing today about the production delay to September 2015 has lowered that confidence to the 5'ish range .... we will not be in a position to purchase for another year so at this point it really doesn't matter .... from a purely $$$$ view, even if we were in the market to buy ASAP, I don't have sufficient confidence to put any nonrefundable money down .... I do agree with those who feel confidence will grow rapidly if/when a production model rolls off of the line

Jim
When did you think production was going to begin? The Sep 2015 date was announced the end of April or early May following the lease of the Shreveport property.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I jumped all in early this year at probably an 8 or 9 and I guess I'm still at an 8 or 9. I understand the enormous amount of work involved in something like this (well not really, but I get the idea), the amount of technical work involved, scheduling and planning must be simply overwhelming. Add to that the political environment and Paul Elio is quite simply attempting to roll a boulder uphill single handedly. This venture is a huge risk, but nothing revolutionary ever happened without taking a risk. the Wright Brothers...Apple...Apollo...take your pick. I applaud Paul for his vision. I met him personally and believe in his vision. If he fails it will not be because he didn't have vision or heart. It will because our system has become so corrupt that new ideas can no longer flourish in America. If that turns out to be the case then we all have a lot more to worry about than losing our Elio's.

1k all in @ 10, love the potential still in @ ten, and if it should NOT come to pass, - still 10- It would be my contribution, to the folks who will be inspired by this efficient design in the future.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I reserved an Elio on August 23, 2014.
I'm still in the honeymoon stage, and have dreams about driving my ride (just like a teenager).
I can't wait to shine it up, and drive around in this crazy little car. Ooo lala!

Went all in the 2nd time on 08/21 so my second number should be lower then yours :p (and yes it will be true blue like yours) :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When did you think production was going to begin? The Sep 2015 date was announced the end of April or early May following the lease of the Shreveport property.

as stated several times, I hope they are able to meet the Sept 2015 date, if they do, it will be one of the first such dates they have set and were able to meet .... given that only a handful of people know the exact status of the project, they sure have a bunch of work to do for them to meet the Sept deadline .... so far as has been released, they don't have a working engine, they don't have a completed design (specifically, mounts designed for towing), while they no doubt have computer projections, no complete real world test vehicles .... to meet their time schedule, they are going to have to start hiring and training folks in April to work on a nonexistent assembly line .... there's no doubt in my mind that they know all this and are working to make it happen .... hopefully they will but when asked for a number, I tend to believe that giving them a 5 (which translates to a 50 - 50 chance) is a bit optimistic .... if they assemble the motor and it performs flawlessly, that will be a huge step which can't help but improve the odds

Jim

Top Bottom