• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Where Do You Stand Now?

Reaction score
I was told this summer in Michigan to not count on production to start the third quarter of 2015. The engine wouldn't be ready. I simply didn't want to believe it, so I didn't. But, it's in my face now. OK, so it will come in time for My Husband's 60th birthday party. I'm hanging in there. Wishing for a Merry Xmas and Happy Yule for everybody and world a piece. Ya!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to do my best to celebrate every holiday from New Year's to Independence Day to try to keep from obsessing on when official engine updates/dyno results will be released :p

Great idea! :D

To my way of thinking the development timeline is an interesting point of discussion and it is fun to dig up answers however these are merely details and not worth getting all worked up over. The important thing is that development work is continuing and whenever IAV is through with their engine testing procedure EM will then have the engine specs they need to order more engines for the pre-production vehicle build and test phase of the project. :cool:

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With 10 being the point you thought this car was a go, when you first became interested, what is your number now? There have been a lot of changes over the last 10 months, all for the good of EM. If your not a 10 at this time, what will it take?

My # is 10
Production in 2015 is a 2 of 10.
Production in 2016 is a 5 of 10.
Production never is a 3 of 10.
Educated basis for any of these is a 0 of 10.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I actually think Elio might accelerate a bit now that they have an actual engine that meets their specific needs, building an engine from scratch that meets the specific parameters the EM is looking for was a major time hog, for very good reason. Moving into a mass production phase over the next couple quarters will have lots of stops and starts as details and gremlins get worked out in work flow, but kind of like building a house, this is a period when I think a lot of things will be happening with production and marketing. We'll see I guess.

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
CLAP.png
CLAP.png
CLAP1.png

Top Bottom