• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

While We Wait!! A New Revolution Has Come Along

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Similar to the Elio, I have bought in to a new way to raise Bees. The 'Honey Flow Hive'. I have been interested in raising bees since I was a kid with my dad. I got stung a lot while helping harvest honey, the hell with that. Skip forward about 65 years, 8 or 9 mounts ago I ran across a new Idea, developed in Australia, to be manufactured in the US, crowd funded. The Honey Flow hive allows you to harvest honey from out side the hive without disturbing the bees. I liked that part. About 7 months ago, 'BAM', I ordered the Western Red Cedar' unit, rec'd, and it set in the shop until 3 days ago, finally got 'guts' enough to start putting it to gather. The super, brood box, brood frames were a 'piece of cake' to assemble. Applied one coat of 'Tong Oil' today. I'm on a roll, the only thing left is wiring the frames and installing the foundation and ordering my bees, getting time in US. Look at 'Flow Hive' on the web and You Tube to see it in action. I have, nor will not receive any compensation for sharing what I've found. Look at the cost verses the cost of all the Stainless steel equipment/etc. of going the old way.
I share this for what it might be worth to some of you. BTW they have sold over 44,000 units, world-wide, since they started only two years ago.
I like that concept. I'm curious how well it performs after a few harvests.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=72pZd6jH&id=3EE1A5A0EBADE3E1959DD5E9F3D507D94DB89924&q=Honey+flow+hive&simid=607991787935039803&selectedIndex=96

Top Bottom